title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming for albums by "Various Artists"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xerophyte
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Naming for albums by "Various Artists"

I have checked with a previous post I made on paths and naming, and my settings appear to be correct according to what Spoon advised me to do.
    Today I ripped an album by "Various Artists" and the results ended up in the desired folder, however each artist had a folder with the album name and the one track that they had contributed.
    Obviously I did something wrong, but what?:lustig3:
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Naming for albums by "Various Artists"

Do you have the reference version of dBpowerAMP? What is your naming scheme? Was the album correctly identified as being a compilation? Do all the individual files have the same album artist?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You need compilation checked, and the default naming string for them to appear in the Various Artists folder.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xerophyte
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

I neglected to subscribe to this thread, so a little slow off the mark in replying, oops! :o
        Wayne, yes I am using the Reference edition and my path is> drive:\folder, and naming is \[artist] - [album]\[track] [title]
        It appears that if I had checked compilation as Spoon suggests I would not have had a problem.
        Everything is easy when you ask da man :lustig12:
        Thanks Spoon!
        Last edited by xerophyte; 06-07-2009, 10:22 AM. Reason: Manners

Comment

Working...

]]>