title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Subject Lame does’nt appear within windows MP3 audio-convertors schedule

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlem
    • Jun 2006

Subject Lame does’nt appear within windows MP3 audio-convertors schedule

Hello
    Yesterday I had bought dBpower AMP power pack with encoder license lame (I thought it’s a full license !)
    After setting power pak in my PC (Windows XP) DBpower work perfectly (it seem to me !) but I still cannot be able to find MP3 codec Lame within all my audio encoders schedule.
    By this way my other software (Virtualdub) still can’t find it more, and of course it stay unable to convert my DV movies Video Audio in MP3 with Lame

Thank you to indicate me the way to set up "lame" within all my windows schedule “audio converters” for using it with all others audio software.
    Regards (apologies for my poor English!)
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Subject Lame does’nt appear within windows MP3 audio-convertors schedule

Did you install eveything as administrator? all to the same folder ?

Run dMC Configuration and see what it says about the registered status.

You may need to do a complete uninstall and then reinstall.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It sounds like you are creating wave files that have mp3 compression inside the wave?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

So you are saying that you can get dMC to create mp3 using lame? However I am a bit confused by the following:
        Originally posted by jlem
        I still cannot be able to find MP3 codec Lame within all my audio encoders schedule.
        Are you attempting to use the lame codec in other software on your PC?

Does Virtualdub use the lame_enc.dll and does it have a configuartion option that allows you to point it to the lame_enc.dll that comes with dMC?

Wayne

Comment

• jlem
          • Jun 2006

Ho! 3 answers within half a day :! Thank-you

-The registrered status is OK "PowerPack & MP3 license : registered yes"

-All the Powerpack package is un "Programm files" beside all others programms
          and I can see him in subdirectory "compression">"Lame">"lame_enc.dll"

-Yes Lame works with DPpowerAMP but I cannot see him when I want to use it with an other software named "VirtualDub" (Audio/vidéo encoder) besause this software doe'snt propose it as MP3 encoder (only fraunhaufer etc)

When I search in windows the Audio encoder that are installed in my PC, Windows does'nt indicate "Lame" within all the others scheduled encoders.

I had tried to re-install the DBpowerAMP but withoutsuccess.

I hope you understand the situation instead of my English !
          Many Thanks

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

I'm afraid that you can only use lame with dMC or those programs that support lame_enc.dll such as Audacity.

You can not use lame with Windows or Virtualdub I'm afraid.

Wayne

Comment

• gameplaya15143
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2005

you can
              A) encode the audio to MP3 (dbpoweramp is really good for that), then mux it with your video later using virtualdubmod with direct stream copy, or avimuxgui, etc.
              B) install the lame acm codec and encode to lame directly with virtualdub
              http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html (lameacm.acm comes in the regular packages with lame.exe and lame_enc.dll, it's up to you which version you want)

Comment

• jlem
                • Jun 2006

I hav'got it!
                In fact Lame was not yet installed for windows but only for DBpowerAMP.
                The way to set lame within all others windows audio encoders is
                - to right click on the decompressed files named "lameACM.inf"
                - and then to chose and click on "install". after what windows procede to installation, so now I am abble to use lame with others softwares.

Anyway Thank you to your forum for friendly and prompt cooperation :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>