title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 

Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pete8
    • May 2023
    • 7

    Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

    I only started using the Ripper a couple of weeks ago to rip my ~1600 CDs.
    It's doing a great job - mostly.
    One problem that is frustrating me though is when I rip an album sometimes I get the error - Track Ripped Insecurely - so one track is not ripped whilst the rest are.
    I have listened to the tracks on the CDs with errors and they sound fine.
    If I use Win Media Player it happily ripps the entire disc.
    Obviously the Ripper is creating a better rip, so is there a way I can force the Ripper to rip a track that has an error?

    Many thanks
    Pete
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002
    • 44087

    #2
    Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

    It does rip, when it reports an insecure track it is insecure (if verified by AccurateRip for other tracks and the confidence is greater than 2).

    You did the right thing by listening to the track, if you cannot hear the error (it could be very short), then that is fine, the other options:

    get a replacement cd
    try to repair the CD, toothpaste, etc
    clean the cd,
    get a different cd drive which might read through the error
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

    Comment

    • pete8
      • May 2023
      • 7

      #3
      Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

      Thanks @spoon

      Please see the pics attached.

      The log says 12 tracks ripped, 11 accurate 1 inaccurate - but the folder where the files go only has 11 tracks...
      Does it put the inaccurate tracks somewhere else?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	rip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	294671
      Click image for larger version

Name:	moz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	294672

      Comment

      • Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002
        • 44087

        #4
        Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

        You have an abort option set, so best to set ripping method to burst and rip that track on its own if secure ripping cannot rip.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

        Comment

        • pete8
          • May 2023
          • 7

          #5
          Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

          Nice one - Thanks!
          Worked a treat

          Was especially annoyed at that error on the above rip - all good until the last track on Disc 5!!!

          Comment

          • cc_rider
            • Jun 2023
            • 2

            #6
            Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

            Pete,
            I've been ripping my CDs for about a month now, ~700 CDs. I've found some that just will not rip securely - brand new CDs too. I used all three CDROMs - one is better than the others, but still some discs refuse to rip securely. I decided to try it out in burst mode instead. They rip as 'Inaccurate', but on playback in CyberLink they sound just fine. It's not ideal, but it seems to work.
            YMMV...
            c.

            Comment

            • cc_rider
              • Jun 2023
              • 2

              #7
              Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

              Originally posted by cc_rider
              Pete,
              I've been ripping my CDs for about a month now, ~700 CDs. I've found some that just will not rip securely - brand new CDs too. I used all three CDROMs - one is better than the others, but still some discs refuse to rip securely. I decided to try it out in burst mode instead. They rip as 'Inaccurate', but on playback in CyberLink they sound just fine. It's not ideal, but it seems to work.
              YMMV...
              c.
              Okay, here's a twist I have not seen before. I have a CD (two actually) that are ripping incredibly slowly. Neil Young's 'Psychedelic Pill', both discs. First disc got one track 'Accurate', the other three 'Inaccurate'. Disc 2 tracks are 100% 'Inaccurate', and has been ripping for almost five hours now.

              Discs are NEW. I wonder if Neil Young, in his quest for sonic accuracy, made these CDs in some weird format dB can't get at? I was wondering if anyone else has ripped these CDs, and if so did they get similar results?

              I have a few other discs that have 'Inaccurate' tracks, but those are usually pretty obvious: scratched, etc. These discs are brand new. Weird.
              Great site here, and a great product too!
              c.

              Comment

              • schmidj
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2013
                • 508

                #8
                Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

                Where did you get them from? They might be fakes, like half the other stuff for sale from some Internet sites. The other possibility if they are "New Old Stock" is that the CD might be copy protected, but I rather doubt that, as it was released in 2012, and I rather thought copy protection had been abandoned by then.

                Comment

                • garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 5768

                  #9
                  Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

                  My Psychedelic Pill CD ripped fine.

                  Comment

                  • Palmerh3750
                    • Jul 2023
                    • 10

                    #10
                    Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

                    Originally posted by cc_rider
                    Okay, here's a twist I have not seen before. I have a CD (two actually) that are ripping incredibly slowly. Neil Young's 'Psychedelic Pill', both discs. First disc got one track 'Accurate', the other three 'Inaccurate'. Disc 2 tracks are 100% 'Inaccurate', and has been ripping for almost five hours now.

                    Discs are NEW. I wonder if Neil Young, in his quest for sonic accuracy, made these CDs in some weird format dB can't get at? I was wondering if anyone else has ripped these CDs, and if so did they get similar results?

                    I have a few other discs that have 'Inaccurate' tracks, but those are usually pretty obvious: scratched, etc. These discs are brand new. Weird.
                    Great site here, and a great product too!
                    c.
                    Purchased dbpower last November, successfully ripped 1,400 cd's as WAV files, unsuccessfully about a dozen (including brand new ones). Recently "tried" ripping Grateful Dead "Here Comes Sunshine", 17 cd box set. On first 2 cd's all tracks except 1 ripped successfully, the one's that didn't took over 7 hours each (for the 2 tracks on separate cd's).Tried burst mode mode on each track but neither showed in usb ssd drive library.The program also appeared to "freeze"and needed to be "force shutdown" on Mac and restarted. This had never happened before. Finally gave up and used Apple Music built in ripper, 17 cd's ripped to WAV files in under 20 minutes, sound perfect

                    Comment

                    • garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 5768

                      #11
                      Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

                      Originally posted by Palmerh3750
                      Purchased dbpower last November, successfully ripped 1,400 cd's as WAV files, unsuccessfully about a dozen (including brand new ones). Recently "tried" ripping Grateful Dead "Here Comes Sunshine", 17 cd box set. On first 2 cd's all tracks except 1 ripped successfully, the one's that didn't took over 7 hours each (for the 2 tracks on separate cd's).Tried burst mode mode on each track but neither showed in usb ssd drive library.The program also appeared to "freeze"and needed to be "force shutdown" on Mac and restarted. This had never happened before. Finally gave up and used Apple Music built in ripper, 17 cd's ripped to WAV files in under 20 minutes, sound perfect
                      Lots of posts on the Steve Hoffman forums about ripping (and other) problems with this Grateful Dead box set (using both dbpa and other rippers).
                      Last edited by garym; July 22, 2023, 05:23 PM.

                      Comment

                      • garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 5768

                        #12
                        Re: Track Ripped Insecurely - how to overcome?

                        Originally posted by simbun
                        It would be interesting to see what the AccurateRip reports look like on those rips using PerfectTunes (free for verifying rips).
                        I suspect it will be another few weeks before the AR results are updated in the AR database, as these disks have only been available for a week or two.

                        Comment

                        Working...

                        ]]>