PDA

View Full Version : CD Writer Integration?

Lawless
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Having been burning some compilations, I'm wondering if there's an easier way to select songs / tracks. I have most of my collection in a single directory, about 3800 songs in ogg vorbis format, and CD Writer's interface isn't particularly accomodating - certainly not when compared to the wonderful interface in the DBpowerAMP Music Collection program.

Rather tedious to go through songs in the Music Collection to listen to snippets and decide which I want to burn, and then have to go into CD Writer's tiny window and try to find the songs I want.

Any suggestions? There doesn't seem to be any integration between either the Music Collection or Windows's file explorer and CDWriter - file explorer can play or queue things in dAP, but nothing facilitates burning the songs to CD.

Thanks!

LtData
01-28-2006, 04:00 PM
If you have the option enabled, right-click on the files, select "Conver To" and pick Audio CD should move the files to dMC.

xoas
01-28-2006, 07:11 PM
LtData's suggestion is the best option for the situation you describe. Since Audio CD (CD Writer) is a conversion option in dBpowerAMP Music Converter, you should be aware that you can also initiate conversion to CD from dMC, from dMC File Selector, from Audio CD Input (if you are wanting to copy a CD using CD Writer). You can also find files in Windows Explorer and use right-click Convert To and select Audio CD to add files to a CD using CD Writer.

In theory you could even try recording directly to CD using Auxilary Input (it is an option in Auxilary Input) but I would heavily discourage you from trying this.

But for sampling and converting to CD then using dAP, MMC and right-click Convert To and selecting Audio CD will be best.

Best wishes,
Bill