PDA

View Full Version : Drive not ready error

jdbj
12-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I downloaded the trial version of CD writer. I am trying to burn a CD from audio tracks on my PC. When I select burn it starts for about 2 seconds and then gives me an error message: CD Drive Error "The drive is not ready". After that my cd drive locks ups, I cannot open it, I have to reboot my computer. I know that my drive works as I can burn a CD with iTunes. Any suggestions?

Operating system: XP, SP2
Drive: Plextor DVD burner
Disks: I have tried music and data 80 min disks.

ChristinaS
12-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Do you have 2 drives? did you select the proper drive?

jdbj
12-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Yes, I do. Yes I selected the correct drive, that is the one that is locking up.

Spoon
12-27-2005, 03:51 PM
>I can burn a CD with iTunes

There could be another program interfering with the CD drive, for example iTunes installs a low level CD burning service that runs even when iTunes is not.

sylvainp
09-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Well I also have a Plextor PX-716A (firmware V1.10) and i'm having the same problem.

It's start to write for about 2 seconds and then I have a window saying that the drive is not ready. After that the CD is scrap and I cannot open the tray door. I need to reboot to make the drive working again. I have tried another burning program with no problems. So my drive is OK

I have iTunes 7 installed.

What drivers is this program using ?

Anyone else using itunes 7 and this software to be working ?

Spoon
09-26-2006, 05:25 AM
It uses its own writing component, not drivers. iTunes installs various cd writer components which are used all the time, even when itunes is not running.

sylvainp
09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
You have already mention this in this thread that iTunes installed drivers.

Why this program can't burn CD if using it's own engine ? When we use a PC it is often that we install different burning program and most of the time I never had problem writng CD with everyone of them.

I have download the trial version because I had some .flac file that I wanted to burn audio CD.

This software was looking good an easy to use but it is just not working for me. I have an iPod so I will not uninstall iTunes just for this program.

By the way, iTunes is so popular that I don't understand why the creator if this program has incompability with iTunes.

I just hope that it will be a fix for this so I could try this software 100%.

LtData
09-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Why should he adjust his software if the software that is causing problem is not behaving properly? Yes, iTunes is popular but also, from what I've heard, a little overzealous regarding your computer.

Alstair
10-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Same problem with drive not ready error. Have Itunes 7 installed (latest version). Does not write anything to the disk when this error occurs.
:confused:

Spoon
10-25-2006, 02:41 AM
Try uninstalling itunes.