PDA

View Full Version : Tag from rename problem

sirbill
12-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I am trying to use tag from filename for the first time. When I get to the music converter screen I select tag from filname. When I click convert a window pops up and shuts down so fast I can't see it then an explorer window for C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator comes up for whatever reason I can't comprehend. The tags are not updated. Ever heard of this?

Spoon
12-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Very odd, try converting the file, does it convert?

ChristinaS
12-23-2005, 10:55 PM
What kind of file is it?

Daasie
12-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I am trying to use tag from filename for the first time. When I get to the music converter screen I select tag from filname. When I click convert a window pops up and shuts down so fast I can't see it then an explorer window for C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator comes up for whatever reason I can't comprehend. The tags are not updated. Ever heard of this?

I have the same problem. I'm right now changing the tense of my post (again) because I got it resolved...and broke again.

I recently reset dap per Spoon's recommendation and lost some track titles. I chose Convert to | Tag From Filename and I got a flash and nothing changed in MMC, just like you. I tried a few things and ultimately, when I rolled over the file, the yellow pop-up tag information showed me the song title in the appropriate place. So, in MMC, I selected the affected tracks, then choosing

Selected Track(s) | Advanced | Refresh From ID Tag

got the titles to appear. But only for one set of files. Trying to duplicate it drove me nuts. I ended up fiddling with the Tag Recognition field in the Convert To window and that fixed me up for titles. For my instance, I changed the field to [track] My naming convention is [artist\[track].

Now, I've also lost some entries in the 'artist' field, but I haven't figured out how to extract them, yet. There's only six, I probably won't try.

Hope it helps.

Daasie