PDA

View Full Version : pulling songs from DVD???

skinny25508
12-19-2005, 11:38 PM
can you pull them from DVD with Dbpoweramp?
doesn't matter what format they are, I can convert them.
can someone please tell me how.
I cant see them in the "Audio" folder when I open the Dvd.
there's only files in the "Video" folder.

LtData
12-20-2005, 12:54 AM
The only legal way to pull songs off of a DVD is to use Auxiliary Input to record the song as you play it. Instructions below.

neilthecellist
12-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Or buy the movie soundtrack. That works too.

gameplaya15143
12-22-2005, 10:29 PM
can you pull them from DVD with Dbpoweramp?
doesn't matter what format they are, I can convert them.
can someone please tell me how.
I cant see them in the "Audio" folder when I open the Dvd.
there's only files in the "Video" folder.
the 'audio' folder is for audio dvds.. which have almost zero support anywhere

what you have is a normal video dvd with a bunch of music on it. there are a couple ways to convert it, one of which is to record through your soundcard with auxinput, or with an audio editor such as audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Or you can use a dvd ripper and extract the audio tracks (probably ac3) then either just use them as is or convert them to whatever format you want.

neilthecellist
12-28-2005, 06:49 PM
My friend recommended using lame.exe to rip the music directly off a DVD. Is this possible? If so, what steps would I take in order to do this; (I'm interested in the remark myself)

gameplaya15143
12-28-2005, 10:44 PM
My friend recommended using lame.exe to rip the music directly off a DVD. Is this possible? If so, what steps would I take in order to do this; (I'm interested in the remark myself) if it has mp2 audio.. then i think it could, but as far as i know, lame.exe can't parse vob files. it's an interesting idea, but i dont think it would work (i could be wrong, ive never tried it)

neilthecellist
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, it's just that, in some XviD/DivX files, I notice that the audio is 48 khz instead of the standard 44.1 khz sampling rate on audio. And yes, it's in mp3. Which DVD ripper out there lets you do this? If no ripper supports it, can lame.exe do this?

I'm asking because it relates to the thread poster's question.

gameplaya15143
12-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Well, it's just that, in some XviD/DivX files, I notice that the audio is 48 khz instead of the standard 44.1 khz sampling rate on audio. And yes, it's in mp3. Which DVD ripper out there lets you do this? If no ripper supports it, can lame.exe do this?

I'm asking because it relates to the thread poster's question.
oooh... its fun to run this :smile2:
lame input.vob output.mp3
it accepts it as raw data... lots of noise in the encoded file :komisch7:
so NO lame can NOT be used to do this

44.1khz is standard for CD audio. dvd audio is 48khz.
if you rip the audio off a dvd, you will have 48khz ac3 (or maybe mp2), which you then convert to whatever. since resampling from 48khz to 44.1khz is almost pointless, it gets encoded as 48khz (why bother downsampling for a video?)

- this is almost on topic ;)