PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Info no longer available after DB uninstall/reinstall

gnostic19
12-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I didn't know that it was the DBpoweramp feature that was giving me all the useful info about mymusic files when i point the mouse over a particular file. Actually, i was not even a user of DB becasue my trial version had run out and i was using CDeX and EAC.
Well, i dfecided to go ahead and unistall DB since i wasn;t using it and low and behold the info i got on pop ups was half of what it used to be. So, i decided to reinstall the newer version of DB so i could get teh pop up info that i had been getting before. After the reinstall, i get "Error getpopupinfo.exe not found", with no info at all displayed about teh file. What gives?

thanks for help...

LtData
12-18-2005, 07:46 PM
First, do you have the codecs for the files you are trying to get the popup info for? By default, dMC only includes the mp3 and WAV codecs, all others must be downloaded in Codec Central.
Second, go into dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration). If you are using the latest version (11.5) click on "dBpowerAMP Settings". Check the "Popup Info Tips" box.
Alternatively, if the box is checked, uncheck it and then reboot. After that, check it agian and reboot once more. Does it work now?

Spoon
12-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Uninstall, reboot pc, reinstall, reboot pc.