PDA

View Full Version : dmc file selector stops responding?

todd1010
11-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Whenever I go to dmc file selector and try to open up my files I need to convert. Which are a little over 15,000 very, very small wave files. File selector stops responding.

I can duplicate this everytime I try file selector method. I can sometimes go to the files and highlight all of the files and "right click" and select "convert" but that sometimes fails also.

I need some help on this situation. Here's a little information on the files I'm converting.

They are all wave files, ranging from 11KB to 120KB. Most if not 95% of them are 20KB to 40KB wave files. I convert them to 22kHz 16bit mono.

ChristinaS
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Are they all PCM wav files? What bits (8-16-24-32), frequency and channels do they all have?

Are you also converting to PCM wav file or to some other format?

Try a test conversion first and see if any are not readable by dMC to rule out the possibility of corrupt files.

LtData
11-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Check dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration) to double-check your version number. The latest version is dMC r11.5. Also, try converting one of the smaller files individually to make sure that it converts OK.
Also, changing more than one setting at a time (frequency, bits, channels) can results in a failure to convert.

Spoon
12-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Perhaps give it some time to complete what it is doing.

todd1010
12-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Are they all PCM wav files? What bits (8-16-24-32), frequency and channels do they all have?

Are you also converting to PCM wav file or to some other format?

Try a test conversion first and see if any are not readable by dMC to rule out the possibility of corrupt files.

The are all PCM wav files. The frequency is: 16000. The Channels is: 1. The Bits is: 16

todd1010
12-05-2005, 12:59 AM
Check dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration) to double-check your version number. The latest version is dMC r11.5. Also, try converting one of the smaller files individually to make sure that it converts OK.
Also, changing more than one setting at a time (frequency, bits, channels) can results in a failure to convert.

I am using the lastest version. DMC file selector doesn't even allow me to select ANY files that I need to convert! Like I said the only way I've been able to do the converting is to go into the directory where my files are. Highlight all 15,575 files "right-click" and then click "convert." But sometimes this doesn't work either, so I've got to keep trying to highlight them all and right-click over and over again.

Now I've got a very fast computer with an AMD 64bit processor and a 1gb of memory. So I don't think it that.

ChristinaS
12-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Did you click the button called Converting and see what files types are selected there? Could it be you don't have any chosen which correspond to the contents of your folder?

gameplaya15143
12-06-2005, 03:54 PM
um... if the fileselector doest show them.. then you dont have the needed decompressor installed.
since dmc supports wav natively... i have to wonder if your files are really wav files. if you aren't already doing it, show all file extentions in explorer, especially for known file types.