PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP Music Converter R10 Beta 1

Spoon
09-19-2002, 02:50 PM
Double figures for dMC, makes me feel really old ;)

This update is very early, really just for those with Windows 95 who cannot access Edit Tag, download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-r10beta1.exe

1.5MB

========
All changes
========
Atlast the Convert To menu now ignores case (so 'a' would not be placed at the bottom)
dMC Configuration shows Sveta Device drivers installed
dMC Audio CD Input - Bug Fix on getting Multi Artists from CDPlayer / Registry Cache
Bug Fix: Windows 95 was not adding 'Edit Tag' on right click

STAR
09-19-2002, 02:59 PM
thank you very much Spoon! Its working! Yay!

STAR
09-20-2002, 06:36 PM
only problem I've had...
I can't convert to anything from windows media.... I have the codec installed... even re-installed it... I was actually trying to re-code some wma files to a slightly less bitrate cause its a radio show and doesn't need a high BR. it gave me this error:
To support the file type '.wma' a Codec has to be downloaded from www.dbpoweramp.com >> Downloads >> Codec Central.
I have the codec tho... and yes I can conver INTO wma from other formats
I also tried converting the wma back into MP3.. and it gave same error.

SOT
09-20-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by STAR
only problem I've had...
I can't convert to anything from windows media.... I have the codec installed... even re-installed it... I was actually trying to re-code some wma files to a slightly less bitrate cause its a radio show and doesn't need a high BR. it gave me this error:
To support the file type '.wma' a Codec has to be downloaded from www.dbpoweramp.com >> Downloads >> Codec Central.
I have the codec tho... and yes I can conver INTO wma from other formats
I also tried converting the wma back into MP3.. and it gave same error.

Got same problem!:headbang:

Unregistered
10-04-2002, 04:22 AM
I try to nomalizing with simple funtion. It seem to mix match left and right side. Sometime it work right and sometime it don't. Am I setting it right or does any know? Otherwise the program is perfect. Just simple setting with nothing change on both r9 and beta 10. Also is local database be release on the next version?
Thank you.

Spoon
10-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Local database was included in Release 9, press the Select Server button to select local.

You mean when going from a Stereo file to a Mono file?

Unregistered
10-04-2002, 04:27 PM
No sir, I encode in stereo (neither joint-stereo or mono). It sound like you know when your headphone got a loose wire. Sometime it connect corectly and sometime it got loose. That's how I heard after I encode it. If I encode same file second time, it may work corectly. Because I have a very sensitive hearing so it's not a big deal but just to let you know. also I try other disc see if it the disc problem. And still same situation. So I try other nomalizing options, and does not do any better.
For everyone to know how do we order your product and what are the options?

daren
10-05-2002, 02:46 AM
Hi Spoon,

I noticed something wierd when installing the new music
converter.

The Multiplayer\Input\Mpeg123 folder didn't get created with the
2 mpg123 dll's. I had to install the mpg123 beta codec on top of
DMC R10 to get the decoding of mp2's and mp3's working.

The MP3.DLL seemed to be exactly the same (size & version)
as the beta version.

Before installing, I unistalled the mpg123 beta and DMC R9.

All the best,
Daren.

Spoon
10-05-2002, 09:24 AM
I have removed the mp123 option, it was not reliable enough, I have gone back to XAudio.

daren
10-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi Spoon,

I just did a clean installation and I got an XAudio version of
MP3.DLL. I think the MPG123 beta input codec didn't uninstall
properly the first time.

Best regards,
Daren.

Spoon
10-20-2002, 04:33 PM
Beta replaced with beta 2