PDA

View Full Version : ? on copying from i/e to cp

Java
11-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Had some problems today in getting my copies to show. This is the way I do it;

I create a new folder in my d/drive I play the song and copy it to the folder. If it is a real audio file that needs converted, I convert it then. If I remember correctley the converted file then goes back to the the origin from where is was stored.

Unless I made a big mistake they were into another folder. Maybe there is a better way of doing this. When I found out where they were I drag them to the new folder.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

ChristinaS
11-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Ok, what's i/e and what's cp ?

Are you just trying to convert files using cMC? You can specify the destination folder where you want them to be stored after conversion. Files will have the same name as the original file with an extension that corresponds to the file type you are converting to. Obviously if you are converting a fiel of a format to teh same format bu maybe differnt bitrate or frequency the full name will be the same so then you better not try to direct the output to the original inout folder as it will either overwrite the original file (whcih you may not want until you're sure the new one is good) or it may actually fail as it cannot write to a file currently being read by the converter. Not a good idea anyway to overwrite files automatically.