PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP stopped working

usatodave
10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
I have been using dBpA for a long time - since v7 or 8? I have version 9.1 installed. I hadn't converted a file since early spring and I right-clicked on a .wav file to convert and noticed the Bitrate slider button is missing and locked at 192bps - the green bar is there, but no button, and the Channels selector is not available - grayed out.

I had a version of 10.1 in my downloads folder that Spoon sent me last year, so I installed that, and the same thing. Can't figure this one out. It's weird. Any possibility that I have some corrupted codecs? The program has always worked flawlessly over the years. I need the man to sort this for me if poss. Thanks

usatodave

LtData
10-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Click advanced and see if you have a preset selected. It sounds like you do. Set it to no preset so you can adjust the settings.

usatodave
10-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will check this out when I get home this evening. Refresh my memory . . . where do I find the advanced settings. I'm so used to using the converter that I never really look at anything else. Thanks again.

usatodave

ChristinaS
10-24-2005, 03:15 PM
In dMC, after you select the codec for mp3, the window will show the bitrate slider and a button saying Advanced Options, right above the slider.

usatodave
10-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Merci Christina,

I see it. I just downloaded it here at work to refresh my feeble memory. Sure seems like the advanced option wasn't there, though. I had v10+ in a download file and I installed that last night, then restarted the computer and it did the same thing.

I will download the latest v11+ tonight at home and try again. Thanks for your help.

usatodave

ChristinaS
10-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Are you using the mp3 codec? or compressed wav to mpeg layer 3 ?

usatodave
10-24-2005, 10:40 PM
99% of the time I will convert a .wav file to Mp3 LAME or WMA. I see that in Advanced I had it set to CD which disabled the Bitrate. Now I know. Thanks to you folks for helping me get that straight. Now, one more question.

I registered and paid for my current version years ago, and as I remember a communication with Spoon a year or so ago, this registration was for life. Is this right or wrong?

I certainly don't mind paying for good stuff, which this is, so money is not an issue. Just a question. Thanks again for your help. :smile2:

usatodave

LtData
10-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Correct, PowerPack registration is for all PowerPack versions.

ChristinaS
10-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Just make sure you install the upgraded versions on top of your current installation without uninstalling first, in order to preserve the registered status.

usatodave
10-25-2005, 09:20 AM
:thumbup: Thanks again for your help.

usatodave