PDA

View Full Version : transcribimg controls

john
09-13-2002, 05:16 PM
I use a digital voice recorder for talks and lectures. I then transfer then to the computer and convert to mp3 files - thanks to your simple, elegant converter.
I then need to transcribe them. The stop, start, pause, etc controls are not enough. A 'jump back n secs and continue' key is essential - that's when typing doesn't keep up with the sound.
I'd like to see this feature added to the player.
Maybe using F1, F3, F5, F7 keys for jumping back 1, 3, 5, and 7 secs then continuing from there. Maybe F10 for pause - time to give fingers and wrists a break!
Thanks
John

Razgo
09-13-2002, 05:53 PM
these are good ideas. have you tried the track position slider in the mean time?

john
09-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Yes, but not enough finesse. Would need to jump back more accurately. The jump back would probably vary in time each time.

SOT
09-13-2002, 08:53 PM
This is indeed a GREAT IDEA!! It would make DB a great Remixing tool. Imagine... those techno beats and you start pressing F1 and F3... Must have a good seek time though
:supersmil

Spoon
09-14-2002, 05:02 AM
Currently the Beta of the next dAP can have a key assigned to skip back 5%, it is a good idea though, I will see if I can add something like this to the Freak controls.

SOT
09-14-2002, 02:08 PM
YES!!! this will be indeed great... Add that feature to the Freak Controls so I can control with that software I explained you before... the winkey. :happy: :thumbup: :thumbup: :happy:

john@zen.ca
09-14-2002, 03:04 PM
OK. This is for transcribing voice, not music, for me. A key for pause (fingers and hands are on the keyboard, not mouse) is needed as well as 'jump back n secs'.
I'm not a coder but what about using the number keys for the number of seconds to jump back, with 0 for pause?
Thanks for considering this,
John

Spoon
09-15-2002, 07:13 AM
Download the current beta of dAP - run the keycontrol program and set pause to a key and set skip back 5% to another key.

john
09-17-2002, 03:33 PM
This works but as I'm transcribing a one hour lecture the player jumps back about 4 mins. A bit much when I need to replay the last 30 secs!!!
Thanks tho'
John