PDA

View Full Version : Turning off Accuraterip

camicortes
10-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi, first thing: Thank you for this excellent software!

Now, on to the 2nd thing :smile2:
I use to rip special and personal made-up CDs that are not in any kind of internet database, Accuraterip not being an exception.

Everytime I insert a CD, an Communicating with Accuraterip: downloading dialog comes up, and I haven't found any way to turn it off (I haven't downloaded anything but dbpower Music converter software). Can this be done?

Thank you for your help!

xoas
10-23-2005, 06:32 PM
If you have the latest version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter (version 11.5) you can turn this off through dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpwoerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration): On the Versions tab, click on the button that reads dBpowerAMP Settings; on the next window click on the Next> button; you will find the control there.
Or you can access this control through the Audio CD Input window by clicking on Options and you can turn it off there.

Are you sure your issue is with AccurateRip?

Anyway, hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Bill

LtData
10-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Or he could just click the Options button while in Audio CD Input and uncheck "AR Enabled".

xoas
11-06-2005, 08:06 PM
It has come to my attention that unenabling AccurateRip will NOT prevent this dialog box from opening up. I am unsure whether this represents a bug or not but I suspect it may be.

Best wishes,
Bill

Spoon
11-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Possibly a bug, that option should be directly linked to the option in cd input options...

Starting CD input with no cd in the drive will allow access to the option button (if it was locking up).

xoas
11-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Spoon-
We have twin threads going on here, but I will update this thread to try to keep both consistent with one another.
I have confirmed on my system that turning off AccurateRip does not prevent this window (" Communicating with AccurateRip: ") from coming up.
It may be that if AccurateRip is not configured that this window will not pop-up. (Or perhaps I am overlooking another means of turning this off). But the behavior this window exhibits (popping up even when AccurateRip is turned off) seems buggy. I believe you will find this problem replicable without difficulty.

The other user with this issue reports a system hang occuring in conjunction with this event. Can you advise a clean way (one that won't otherwise adversely affect dMC) to remove AccurateRip to avoid this issue until a fix is identified for this issue?

Best wishes,
Bill

Spoon
11-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Even if the AR option is unchecked in cd Input? what happens if you quit the program and look at that option page again in cd input, has the check mark returned?

xoas
11-08-2005, 05:11 PM
The check mark does not return but the program keeps posting tha message about communicating with AccurateRip every time a cd is loaded through Audio CD Input. This did not occur until my latest upgrade from an advanced 11.5 beta to the release version of dMC 11.5.

Running XP SP2, 1.3 gHz Celeron processor with 384 Mb RAM, no major problems with dMC/dAP otherwise. I suspect this behavior to be fairly common in system's that have AccurateRip configured and enabled. Per ChristinaS' report, this does not occur on her system (which never had AccurateRip configured). So at some point it looks like AccurateRip has to be configured for this behavior to occur.

Best wishes,
Bill

Spoon
11-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Ok, looks like a bug, deleting the file accuraterip.dll in \program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp will definately disable it :)