PDA

View Full Version : Cd drive recognition

florusse
10-22-2005, 06:57 PM
CD writer goes through the motions, reconises the drives, then informs me that the drive is not ready or on second try that the disk is not empty. Is this a drive compatability problem? (i am using pioneer DVD-RW 110D drives)
Also how do you do a direct backup from one cd drive to another? (2 CD drives installed)

LtData
10-22-2005, 07:16 PM
What OS are you using?

You rip the CD to "Audio CD" I believe is how you direct rip.

ChristinaS
10-22-2005, 08:46 PM
The way I've been able to copy from one cd to another was to use the contents of one cd as input to dMC Audio CD Input. You just open dMC Audio CD Input and take the files from the other cd which willl look like a folder, by using the browser from the right side.

florusse
10-23-2005, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=LtData]What OS are you using?
Sorry forgot to mention Using XP pro SP 2

ChristinaS
10-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Are you trying to burn a cd or a dvd in the drive?
You cannot burn dvd's in dCW.

LtData
10-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Are you using dCW release 2 or release 1? The latest release is release 2. Use the "Registered Download Retrieval" on the Registration page to download a new registered install of dCW.

florusse
10-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Are you using dCW release 2 or release 1? The latest release is release 2. Use the "Registered Download Retrieval" on the Registration page to download a new registered install of dCW.

Thanks to every one for your responses. I have stil had no joy but will provide some further info. I am using the trial version of dCW r2 on a dual channel athalon processor running XP SP2 and 2 off Pioneer 110d dvd/ cd burners, dual layer capable. I am trying to write audio CD's only after ripping them to dCW. Error messages are 1) Drive is not ready, 2) Unrecognised error.
After some attempts the writer freezes or the buffer does not show any contents and the CD drive spins but does not write. When I try again the message box says the media in the drive is not blank??? Thanks again guys!! :komisch12

ChristinaS
10-24-2005, 02:54 PM
But why don't you take it one step at a time. First rip and save your ripped files to your HD. Then attempt to burn them to a CD.

This way you will figure out which part doesn't work and what you have to adjust .

Wayne
10-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Can you burn CDs with other software packages? Is your problem just with dCW?

Wayne

florusse
10-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Can you burn CDs with other software packages? Is your problem just with dCW?

Wayne
Hi wayne, yes i can burn CD's with windows media and Music Match.

xoas
10-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Have you followed the steps outlined in your dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW) Help file?
It should be located on your computer here:
C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Help\dCW\SourceCD.htm
or through Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dBpowerAMP CD Writer Help and then selecting (from the index) Burning (From Audio CDs).

This provides a kind of walk-through for the whole process.
Please make sure that after you press on the Burn button and the window appears with the title dBpowerAMP CD Writer-Ready to Burn, that you select the drive you are burning to and not the drive you are copying from.

Also, make sure that if you are copying to an "80 minute"/"700 mb" cdr that you select "Standard Audio CD 80 minutes" when you are first setting up your project in dBpowerAMP CD Writer even if the cd you are copying from only has 50 minutes of music.

Best wishes,
Bill