PDA

View Full Version : codec decompression error

skowser
10-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Hey,

I've been ripping some of my cd's to my computer using dbpoweramp and the OGG codec for the last couple of days. I just ran into a problem. I was ripping "Faithless Outropspective disc two (the remixes)" and i got this error:

"CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction."

I think what is happenning is that this track is somehow 'enhanced'. Can anyone help me? Track one is the only track that would not be ripped, the rest of the tracks on both discs were fine.

LtData
10-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Sometimes, with enhanced CDs the first CD is actually the Data track, not an audio track. What length does it say for the first "Track"?

skowser
10-16-2005, 02:14 AM
well that's part of the problem. Whenever i put this disk in my drive and try to play it with, say, winamp or wmp...the disc spins up and spins down several times but it won't play.

When i open the disc in explorer it has a folder labeled 'player', and autorun icon and a player icon.

Any thoughts? Again, i've had no problems ripping everything else on this disc, just that one track. In WMP it show up as being 3:33 long...but won't play.

ChristinaS
10-16-2005, 02:51 AM
Make sure you enable viewing file extensions for known types in Windows Explorer > Tools >Folder Options.

When you are looking at the disc in Windows Explorer, double click the folder name "player" and see what's inside. It may be a video file. Whatever files you have there try to right click them and copy them to the hard drive.

LtData
10-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Will the CD Play if you tell it to start playing on Track 2?

skowser
10-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Make sure you enable viewing file extensions for known types in Windows Explorer > Tools >Folder Options.

When you are looking at the disc in Windows Explorer, double click the folder name "player" and see what's inside. It may be a video file. Whatever files you have there try to right click them and copy them to the hard drive.
Just another folder labeled skin and that folder seems empty. The player folder is 803mb which is very big for not having anything in it. When i click on the player icon to start whatever that is, i get an error 'cannot access working directory'

I can't get the disc to play in wmp from any track. I can't see the track files in winamp.

FYI: I'm using v.10.5

ChristinaS
10-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Probably the player folder is the actual audio cd tracks folder.

I think you may have to enable autoplay for your cd drive in order to play that cd on your pc.

Does it play in a regular cd player?

Just a note: WMP = Windows Media PLayer, not to be confused with Winamp.

LtData
10-16-2005, 01:31 PM
An easy way to play a CD in Winamp is, with Winamp open, right-click to bring up the menu, go to Play --> Audio CD. Will that work?

skowser
10-20-2005, 12:25 AM
I'll never know now, i left the cd on a plane last week :(