PDA

View Full Version : error on mp3 to ra

vuacorona
10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Hello all,
When I tried to converte a mp3 file to ra (real audio), I got an error said "MusicConverter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for he inconvenience". Please advise how to fix this problem; I am using windows xp, and I think it is sp2.

thanks
vua

ChristinaS
10-11-2005, 12:44 PM
What version of dMC do you have?

Can you do a test conversion by selecting "Test conversion (no write)" as a codec for that mp3 file?

Can the file be played in any player? Is it really an mp3 or is it an m3u file? That is, are you seeing the actual file extensions or just Windows' interpretation of the file type?

Do you have the Real Media encoding codec installed?

Are you signed in as admin?

xoas
10-11-2005, 01:04 PM
The Real encoder codec is rather finicky. Please refer to this thread here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6183

Best wishes,
Bill

LtData
10-11-2005, 02:08 PM
I think I remember reading that the Real Encoder and SP2 don't get along for a lot of settings. What is the setting you are using for the encoder?

vuacorona
10-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Run the same program in another machine with Windows XP sp1 version, and everything is running smoothly, no problem.

When I tried again with the Windows XP sp2, but this time it worked. So I guess with Windows XP sp2 is on and off. I am still figuring what is going on, I will update along the way.