PDA

View Full Version : Creating Audio CD's

solideogloria
09-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Just registered/installed CDWr2 and notice that there is no longer an option in dMC to convert wav files to Audio CD format. Had that option previously in my registered copy of dMC w/ PP3.

I'm sure there must be an easy answer, just need help finding it. I must be able to create CD's that will read in both PC's and CD players (cda format seemed to be the answer to this). Thanks for your assistance.

xoas
09-16-2005, 05:05 PM
When you open up CD Writer you will see a menu for the type of cd you are creating. If this reads "Standard Audio CD" then dB CD Writer will convert whatever files you then select to cda format (including your wave files) unless it has a problem reading your source file (for example, it can't convert an Ogg file unless you have an Ogg codec installed) or converting the source file to standard cda format (which might occur if your source files has 6 channels and/or an odd frequency).

I believe the actual conversion from wave to cda occurs only during burning but I will have to confirm this (your TempCreateCD files may show the files as cda before burning, I am not sure about this).

Best wishes,
Bill

LtData
09-16-2005, 05:19 PM
What version of dMC are you using?
And the temp files shouldn't be .cda files, as these are >4KB files that just point to the audio data on the CDs.

Edit: dMC Configuration will tell you what version your using. Start--> Programs--> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration
The latest version of dMC is r11.5 and is at the beta link below.

solideogloria
09-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Thank you both for your replies. I knew the answer was simple enough, I was just missing it.