PDA

View Full Version : Keep losing 24 bit 11,025 kbs, stereo, 2 kb/sec codec

stonyman-1
09-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been using dBPowerAmp for some time now, recently for some reason when I go to convert a mp3 or wav to a compressed wav format I keep losing the proper codec and I've no idea what is going on. The program works for about a month perfectly then just loses the codecs that I use the most and they all turn to ABR format,which is something I've never seen before. Can you give me an idea as to what is causing this.
Regards,
Stonyman-1

ChristinaS
09-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Are you referring to compressed wav ==> Mpeg Layer-3 ==> 24kBits/sec 11025Hz , stereo 2 kb/sec ?

Where do you see this ABR ? It's suppsoed to mean Average Bit Rate - not a codec, but a parameter of the encoding that can be used with several codecs.

When you use dMC to convert one or a group of files, you have to select the codec from a drop down list, unless you use the codec currently appearing, which will be the one you last used in any conversion (including ripping through dMC Audio cd Input).

If you want to convert your files to wave, then you should select wave. At that point you have to specify which kind of wave you want. Either the regular uncompressed one which is really PCM with bits (8, 16, 24 or Bits as source), frequency (from 8000Hz to 192KHz plus Frequency as source) and channels (2 to 6 plus Channels as source).

Other wav types cane be cccessed by clikcing Comrpessed and selecting any of a bundle of different formats, each one in turn with different specificaitons.

So where exactly do you get to see ABR specified?

stonyman-1
09-13-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi, Christina;
I go to my music converter and chose convert to wav, then I clik on compressed, then change format, that takes me to the wav output format, now normally I can choose mpeg-3 layer and get the codec mentioned but all I'm seeing now is the same codec in mono not stereo, and it doesn't play right at all, plus they are all in ABR or in a couple of cases CBR. Now this morning when I opened the converter up I find that it is no longer set on mpeg-3 layer but MP3 (lame) and no matter if I set it to the mpeg setting it automatically jumps back to MP3 (Lame). I'm getting more and more confused each time I open it up. I've used dBpowerAmp in the past and never had this problem so why it is happening now is beyond me. Any help or insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Stonyman-1

Spoon
09-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Try installing:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2275

stonyman-1
09-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Spoon:
I just downloaded the lame acm codec and installed it, then rebooted but it's still giving me the same results. I do not have the codec that I am missing and it won't stay on mpeg-3 layer instead it's stuck on lame mp3 and no matter what I do it will not come off it. I change the setting from lame mp3 to mpeg-3 layer but when I convert a song to wav it is in the lame mp-3 not mpeg-3 so now I'm completely stumped as to what to do. Would reinstalling the powerpack correct this?
Regards,
stonyman-1

Spoon
09-17-2005, 02:35 PM
This is for WAVE compression? try selecting MS ADPCM, does it stay on that?

stonyman-1
09-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi, Spoon, yes it stays on that one but for some reason as I stated earlier the one that I use constantly is the compressed wav ==> Mpeg Layer-3 ==> 24kBits/sec 11025Hz , stereo 2 kb/sec, and for some reason it keeps vanishing on me. I have it for a bit and then it goes and all I have are ones with ABR and CBR. I routinely compress mp3s so that I can burn them to cd and I normally use the compressed wav format as it takes a larger mp3 and reduces it down to a couple of hundred kbs so it takes less space.
Regards,
stonyman-1

Spoon
09-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Something must be changing it, dBpowerAMP will not remove it, perhaps Windows Media Player?

stonyman-1
09-18-2005, 09:33 PM
No idea, Spoon. All I know is that all the codecs keep changing. Whenever I install the powerpack I have the proper ones for about three weeks and then when I open it back up again they're all changed to ABR and CBR so I"m completely stumped. I've had windows media player on before with dBpowerAmp and this never happened so I'm at a loss to explain it.
Regards,
stonyman-1

Spoon
09-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Try opening 'Sound Recorder' load a Wave file, click Save as... and from there you can access the same wave compression menu, are the right options there?

stonyman-1
09-19-2005, 10:55 PM
I'd love to try, Spoon, but I have just one question where exactly is the sound recorder located at in dBpowerAmp?
Regards,
Stonyman-1

LtData
09-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Its not in dBpowerAMP, its in Windows. Start --> run --> sndrec32

stonyman-1
09-24-2005, 01:56 PM
nope. I tried opening the sound recorder and loaded a wav file but then I got lost. Do I go and open dB PowerAmp back up cause if so I did that and I'm still showing the same frequencies with the ABR and CBR rates but not the compressed wav format conversion I need.