PDA

View Full Version : Some TAGS not converted Apple Losless (M4a) to MP3

allanwade
08-31-2005, 01:33 AM
I just converted over 9000 songs using DB Poweramp from Apple Lossless (generated from iTunes) to MP3's. I used the DB Poweramps built in MP3 converter (ALT Preset Extreme) and the Apple Lossless plug in.
The conversion went without a hitch (and took 4 days) except when I started checking out the MP3's I noticed the following:

The Tag Field "Part of Compilation" did not get moved to the MP3's Tag Field during the converstion. I had to manually go in (with iTunes) and fix them. I found this because I had a ton of extra MP3 folders.

Any Genre that I added to the iTunes provided list did not get transferred. This may have been due to the way I named them. They were mostly kids music, so I would add a Genre entry like Childrens Music / Pop or Childrens Music / Soundtrack.

Disc* on Mult Disc sets did not transfer, nor did the prefix on any of the tracks of the songs file name (1-01 Song Title.m4a converted to 01 Song Title.MP3).

The Composer field did not transfer.

All other tag fields and file names were fine. Definitely a great product!!

Thanks,
Allan

LtData
08-31-2005, 08:09 AM
dMC doesn't transfer custom genres that were made in other programs, nor non-standard tagging fields (i.e. your Part of Compilation and Composer).
Not sure about the Disc* part, though.

Spoon
08-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Default tags writing for mp3 is 'APE2 and ID3v1' iTunes can only read id3v1 which will not have those fields, switch the tag writing to 'ID3v2' in dMC Configuration.