PDA

View Full Version : All in one option?

Tinribs
09-04-2002, 02:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone has suggested transforming the player and extra's into an 'all in one' ? I'm imaging it looking somewhat like Media Jukebox, obviously I prefer Spoons creations as I know he is well aware of his audio (I have seen him on many occassions over at Hydrogen Audio forums)
Anyway its just a thought, I personally think it would be a good move but I'd like your feedback on my views.
Thanks guys :thumbup:

Spoon
09-05-2002, 02:48 AM
The problem for me is download traffic off my server - it is very high, having things split up means it is kept to the minimum. (I think all the programs and codecs is around 15-20MB).

Tinribs
09-05-2002, 03:38 AM
So its an option you have considered? I just think the various concepts would be easier to use if they were compiled into one program, obviously server space isn't cheap, but is it a possibility?

Spoon
09-05-2002, 11:46 AM
I have GBs of space, it is just the monthly traffic I have to keep an eye on.

Tinribs
09-05-2002, 03:13 PM
;) your avoiding the question Spoon ;)
Is an all in one a possibility? or has it been considered? :)

Spoon
09-05-2002, 03:25 PM
:) I don't think it will be created, atleast not in the short term, but who knows I have been known to change my mind...

Razgo
09-05-2002, 07:54 PM
I think keeping it split is better long term. as not everyone wants all the features, so they only need to download what is needed for them.

I know I put all of Spoons files together once and it added up to around 12 meg. and then put it on my server to offer it as a download everything at once. i think it sucked up something like 26 GIG's of bandwidth in less than 3 days, and i only had 30GIG on my account.

I don't know what it is now but from memory I think Spoons server was sucking up something like 400 GIG of bandwidth a month?