PDA

View Full Version : 2 second gaps??

henry.race@virg
08-07-2005, 01:12 PM
This may be a dumb question...

How do I burn discs without a 2 second gap. I can't work it out AT ALL!
Thanks
Misterhank

Wayne
08-07-2005, 01:48 PM
If you want to create an audio Cd without the gaps you'll have to use something other than dBpowerAMP CD Writer to create them. It doesn't support gapless CDs.

Wayne

Corin
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
What about the "Trim" DSP effect? Would removing 2 seconds with that enable a psuedo-gapless CD or would that just cut out 2 seconds of song, still leaving the gap between tracks?

xoas
09-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Yes, it would cut out 2 seconds of song leaving the gaps intact.

Best wishes,
Bill

LtData
09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
dCW doesn't support gapless CDs, period. Its a limitation of the CD burning software itself and as Spoon didn't write it himself, he asked them to add it but they didn't. :(

Corin
09-20-2005, 01:07 PM
dCW doesn't support gapless CDs, period. It's a limitation of the CD burning software itself and as Spoon didn't write it himself, he asked them to add it but they didn't. :(

Did Spoon pay for the burning software? If so, wouldn't he be the writers' (hopefully) lucrative customer and as such have a say in what's put into said software?

Oh, and thanks for the tip about the Trim effect...I did use it to make a more or less original that already had 2 second gaps; you saved me from burning another already gapless cd and wondering what happened to the songs.

Spoon
09-20-2005, 02:52 PM
They have since dropped CD writing and moved onto DVDs, they were not interested. I am on the lookout for another library but have not found one...

Corin
09-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Well good luck with that, you've got a great product here. :thumbup: :thumbup: