PDA

View Full Version : How can I rip audio from a DVD?

JoeRip
07-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi there -

I have a concert DVD of music that I'd like to rip to MP3's.

Is there a way to simply convert the audio track from the DVD to an audo file that I can then split into multiple parts?

If so, is there a way to do the ripping NOT IN REAL TIME? IE, I'm guessing I'll get suggestions for software that will record the stream in audio format as you play the DVD.

While that would be acceptable as a last ditch operation (so go ahead and tell me how to do that :-), I'd PREFER to simply use a utility that grabs the audio file(s) from the DVD and converts them, the way that DBAMP converters currently work.

Anybody?

Thanks,

Joe

JoeRip
07-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Okay, I found the hidden DVD Forum, and read the thread about Auxillary Input.

BTW, is there any reason that "DVD" is too short for searching in the forum Search software? How useless...

Okay, I see how to use Aux Input. However, this is butt slow, especially when ripping four hours of audio.

ShaneR mentions using the IMToo DVD Audio Ripper software. Looks interesting. Anybody else got information on that, or other software?

neilthecellist
07-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, ImToo products are great when you have to deal with DVD. Especially ripping audio off a DVD. Use what ShaneR recommended if you don't wish to use dMC Auxiliary Input.

LtData
07-27-2005, 07:25 AM
But what ShaneR recommended can't be used for DVD-Audio discs. It can only rip the audio from DVD movie discs.