PDA

View Full Version : How do I reduce the kbps of a mp3 file?

alc112
07-15-2005, 07:00 PM
hi!!!
I would like to know this.
I have a discman that also reproduces mp3 files but the problem is that If the mp3 are more than 128 kbps, they sound very strange.
I mean the sound goes slowly. I don't know whythis happens. Maybe the quality of the Discman. who knows.
I have mp3 files of 320 and 192 kbps and I want them to be of 128
Thank you very much
I hope I have asked this question in the right place

GSV3MiaC
07-15-2005, 07:22 PM
That's what DMCFileSelector is good for - just run it, select all the files you want to convert, tell it where to put them, what format you want them converted to, and stand back and let it to it.

ChristinaS
07-15-2005, 08:53 PM
You will have to re-encode your mp3 files to mp3 format, using lower bitrate settings.

You need the registered version of dBpowerAMP Music Convertor program (registartion needed for the license to use the mp3 encoder codec, or an unexpired trial version).

To identify the files you need to reencode you can use different methods. dMC File Selector is good for that, but so is Windows Explorer (for Windows 2000 and higher) when you enable viewing extra columns (View > Choose columns) and one of them is the bitrate. Then you can sort a folder by that column and select the files that qualify from there and convert all at the same time.

alc112
07-15-2005, 09:09 PM
thank you very much, guys!!
where can i find that program?
I looked for it in Download.com but didn't find anything
Thank you

ChristinaS
07-15-2005, 09:14 PM
thank you very much, guys!!
where can i find that program?
I looked for it in Download.com but didn't find anything
Thank you
Top of this forum, under Products.

alc112
07-15-2005, 09:27 PM
I think I'm so stupid butI can't find that program in by clicking on producs.

LtData
07-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Which program, dBpowerAMP Music Converter or File Selector? File Selector is included when you download dBpowerAMP Music Converter.

alc112
07-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Which program, dBpowerAMP Music Converter or File Selector? File Selector is included when you download dBpowerAMP Music Converter.

That's why I couldn't find any link to download it :o :D :p
Thank you very much