PDA

View Full Version : Burn mp3 files in folders

Kenorv
07-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm trying to create a CD of mp3 files which are grouped in folders on the CD. I have only been able to create a CD with all 100+ files in a root directory, which makes it difficult to find a selection when playing back the CD.

Also, is there a way that an album cover .jpg file can be identified with the resulting folder on the CD?

xoas
07-15-2005, 12:59 PM
You have to set the file structure for your mp3 (or wma or other non-cda) cd before you start adding tracks. To do this, open CD Writer, click on the button that reads New CD. From the screen that opens up click on the button that reads Create New CD. Select MP3/WMA Audio CD. Select your disc size, format (MP3) and bitrate, etc). Where it reads File Naming, Click on the button that reads Set. In this window you can define the file structure you desire. I find I like the bottom of the pre-defined settings ([artist]\[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [track]). This creates a folder for each artist. Within that folder will be separate folders for each album and tracks will be arranged for each album by 2 digit track number). This is automatic based on filename and tag data, so make sure these are in good shape before you try this.

Also, you are not limited to the pre-defined settings, you can create your own. A little study and I'm sure you can figure it out.

You can verify your file structure after you have added your files to your cd by cruising My Computer>Your drive here>Program Files> Illustrate> dBpowerAMP> TempCreateCD*. This will confirm the folder and file structure for your disc. DO NOT try to edit files or folders within the TempCreateCD folder.

*Note: This was the default location for the TempCreateCD file in the beta version. If I recall correctly, the default location may have changed per the Help file for CD Writer. I will check later. You can always cruise to the New CD button>Create New CD to find the location for this folder (which is editable).**I have checked and it appears that the TempCreateCD folder is still in the same location as I had indicated originally.

Best wishes,
Bill

Kenorv
07-16-2005, 09:44 AM
xoas thanks for the detailed reply. With your excellent guidance I now understand the process and have been able to create the mp3 CD's with folders. I'm still working on editing ID tags and getting the groupings as I want them, but am very pleased with the results.

xoas
07-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Gr8!