PDA

View Full Version : LF MP3 file rename program

Vorpal
07-09-2005, 08:49 AM
I always rip in a certain way. The most important part being a 2 digit "xx" track number as the start of the MP3 file name:

[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [track] ("...\Def Leppard - Hysteria\01 Def Leppard - Women.mp3"

But I get a lot of rips that have a bad organization on the naming structure:
"Larry The Cable Guy - Lord, I Apologize - 06 - Jump In The Air And Get Stuck.mp3"

The biggest thing is with a track number not on the far left or only one digit. Dumping the mp3's into burning software causes them to loose their order because a two digit track number is not at the beginning.

I need to do a lot of this conversion work....

I'm looking for a program that will just read the MP3 ID tag on a bunch of MP3 files and rename those files to a differnent naming structure (just a file raname thing based on the MP3 ID tag information).

ex.
Look at the tag for:
"Larry The Cable Guy - Lord, I Apologize - 06 - Jump In The Air And Get Stuck.mp3"
Rename to:
"06 Larry The Cable Guy - Jump In The Air And Get Stuck.mp3"

xoas
07-09-2005, 11:20 AM
If you have the Power Pack, have you tried the Arrange Music codec (from Codec Central). The general description of this codec (from its Help file) is:

Not really an audio codec of such, but dMC does such a good job of selecting files and knowing about ID Tags, that this 'arrange function' was created to arrange a collection of audio files. For example your audio files could all be in the same folder, with arrange music, they can be placed in folders such as [Artist]\[Album]\[Track Number] [track], it arranges (moves) your audio files

dBpowerAMP Audio Player (dAP) also has a library feature called My Music Collection, that would allow you to reorganize your music files according to whatever convention you wish, if you are already using dAP.

If your id tag information is incomplete however, this may not work. Further, if you have tracks from a compilation cd and you want to arrange them according to album and track number of the original cds where the tracks first appeared, I am fairly sure that this codec is unlikely to help. I suspect this would have to be managed by hand but perhaps another participant might have a better idea.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen