PDA

View Full Version : Midi conversion

Java
07-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Hello new member, first post.

I am trying to convert midi files to wave. I found a list of instructions on this board that was posted by "Razgoz" in May in 03.

In the last sentence of the instructons is states " The converted .wave file will be located in the original location as the original .midi file". I have all my music stored in my Ddrive and when I convert the song goes to my cdrive. Does it do that automatically for is there a way to put in into my Ddrive?

Once the song is placed there should it not play?

ChristinaS
07-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Well, the output file will be wherever you directed dMC Auxiliary Input to store it.

You click on the big button for Options and select the output folder and the file naming convention.

Java
07-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for your reply, I have one more question. After the song/s are loaded to the respective folder, and you open/click on the song is it supposed to be able to play the music?

Thanks!!

Java
07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Nother question, just went back and tried a test recording level and it makes a loud noise and goes all the way from the beginning and the end of the volume meter, is there something wrong with my settings?

LtData
07-06-2005, 02:16 PM
See the FAQ post (linked below) for Aux. Input instructions.

ChristinaS
07-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Nother question, just went back and tried a test recording level and it makes a loud noise and goes all the way from the beginning and the end of the volume meter, is there something wrong with my settings?
You better follow the instructions ( http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318 ) on how to adjust volume levels when using dMC Auxiliary Input. The volume slider for your source (which is either What U hear or Stereo Mix, depending on your sound card) should be about 2/3 of the way up or even lower, never full. Use the Test Recording Level first and make sure the UV meter stays in the green with only occasional surges to orange. Don't let it stay in the red zone or it will be heavily distorted.

iceblood
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
And remember iTunes can convert Midi files...

Java
07-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks again for the reply, I checked the stero mix and it is enabled, somewhere during my attempting to convert from midi to wave I heard a grinding noise, I am guessing that I cannot use poweramp unless there is something else I can try.

Thanks

ChristinaS
07-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks again for the reply, I checked the stero mix and it is enabled, somewhere during my attempting to convert from midi to wave I heard a grinding noise, I am guessing that I cannot use poweramp unless there is something else I can try.

Thanks
Of course you can, but you must take care to disable other sources of sound like microphone, Outlook Express notification of email or messenger programs audio alerts, as well as any clicking sounds your browser may make, while you are using dMC Auxiliary Input.

Java
07-07-2005, 08:39 AM
I check the stero imput as suggested but to no avail. Apparently when I was doing something on the dmc it hit my sound card and caused the volum to go as high on the vu sreen as it could go. Now when I try to test it it goes from the start of the slider to the end in the red.

None of my other sound areas are effected, so it must be that this poweramp as done something to the sound card.

I deleted it last nite and reinstalled, still not good.

Greatly dissapointed.

ChristinaS
07-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Did you verify all the Volume controls? both for recording and playbak?

Java
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for your reply.

As far as I can tell I have double checked everything. Perhaps you can direct me to the areas I need to check and change if that's the case.

Could it be that the whole file is corrupted.

It's hard to understand in that all my other sounds work properly.

ChristinaS
07-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I was saying to verify in Volume Controls that all the options are correct and your recording input is correct and volume less than 2/3 of the way up.

Disable external sources of audio like OE chimes, messenger alerts, mouse clicking sounds.

Does your midi file play well? In which program?

What file type are trying to record it to? Best would be 16-bit PCM wav, 44.1KHz, 2-channel stereo. You can convert later to other formats.

Are you by chance using any DSP effects? Remove all of them.

Oh, if you're using that feature from the PowerPack to Output recorded audio (you card must support full duplex) - Don't.

Java
07-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Good morning, thanks for working with me on this problem.

This is what shows: 44.1 KHz(cdquality) l6 stero:

"Not sure what these are and where I would look to find them:
Are you by chance using any DSP effects? Remove all of them.

Oh, if you're using that feature from the PowerPack to Output recorded audio (you card must support full duplex) - Don't."

The music is store in Ddrive and they play fine .

My sound system is Roland Digital

Thanks

Java
07-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Goodby dcpoweramp you never worked, just messed up my sound :(

ChristinaS
07-09-2005, 07:52 PM
We can only help people who help themselves and who follow all the steps, however silly they may sound to them. We don't have an "in" into your system, so we must cover all the possibilities to find the problem.

There's no way any module of dBpowerAMP could have "messed up" your system. It can only be a software conflict, but as you never did tell us what you have nor what you tried, we don't know what's causing the problem.

Sorry, to see you go, but you never did answer all the questions nor explored all the possibilites presented.