PDA

View Full Version : FreeDb submission errors (again)

GSV3MiaC
06-26-2005, 05:32 PM
I've seen this reported in some old messages, I mean 1-2 years old, but I got it again today, and afaict I am using the latest (V11?) version(s) of everything (not that it's easy to get the program to admit its version number). Anyway:-

===================

Note: Problems submitting via dBpowerAMP? visit www.dbpoweramp.com >> Forum

Your freedb submission was rejected for the following reason:

Invalid DB submission: disc ID generated from track offsets (5d0f4007) not found in DISCID

Please fix the problem before you resubmit it. Only the first
error in your submission was noted - there may be others. If you
continue to have trouble, it may be due to a bug in your CD
player software. If you suspect this, try acquiring a newer version.

The rejected submission follows:
<snip>
>
> * xmcd
> *
> * Track frame offsets:
> * 150
> * 84348
> * 130003
> * 170563
> * 189524
> * 204632
> * 266103
> *
> * Disc length: 3906 seconds
> *
> * Revision: 0
> * Submitted via: dBpowerAMP V4.0
> *
> DISCID=550f4007
> DTITLE=Yes / Close to the Edge [Bonus Tracks]
> DYEAR=2003
> DGENRE=Progressive Rock
> TTITLE0=Close to the Edge
> TTITLE1=And You and I
> TTITLE2=Siberian Khatru
> TTITLE3=America
> TTITLE4=Total Mass Retain (Single version)
> TTITLE5=And You and I (Alternate Version)
> TTITLE6=Siberia (Studio run through of 'Siberian Khatru')
> EXTD=Bonus tracks 2003 version
> EXTT0=
> EXTT1=
> EXTT2=
> EXTT3=
> EXTT4=
> EXTT5=
> EXTT6=
> PLAYORDER=
>

==========

Note the 'exactly one bit error' in the DiscID hash. :(

btw, apart from this and a few minor hiccups, this is a great suite of programs. Particularly liked the user friendly codec (and other additions) downloads.

LtData
06-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Did you try the latest dMC beta? As for how to get dMc Version number, check dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration).

GSV3MiaC
06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Nope I didn't try the beta. I did finally figure out how to get version numbers .. the output I got back was DMC version 10.1, which is odd, because I'm sure I downloaded and installed '11'!

As for the beta - I hate to go pioneering unless I have to. :smile2:
(You've heard the definition yes .. pioneer - guy face down in trail with arrows in back. And yes, significant %age of the arrows came from his own team.)

neilthecellist
06-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Betas for dBpowerAMP are never unstable, that's what I like about Spoon's stuff...It always works. :)

LtData
06-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, the "Betas" are basically just bug-fixes but they may break current features. If they do this, just post in the beta thread and Spoon will try to remedy this ASAP.

GSV3MiaC
06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
OK, I guess they can't be any worse than the release versions of MS WMP etc. I shall give them a try .. now where is the 'beta bug reports' thread?

LtData
06-28-2005, 03:28 PM
the same thread that has the download link for the program in dMC's case. Direct link to the dMC/dAP/Sveta is in my signature.