PDA

View Full Version : MP3 to CDA

ricwag
06-20-2005, 03:49 AM
I understand that dbpowerAMP converts MP3 to CDA but I don't see that option. I need to place some specific singles on a CD. What am I overlooking? Thanks!

ricwag
06-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Sorry - I thought that I had searched thoroughly. Conversion to WAV and then burning does the trick.

LtData
06-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Note that .cda files are not audio files, but pointers on the CD that tells the player where said track is located on the CD. Creating .cda files on your HDD or copying .cda files to your HDD renders these files useless. To create .cda files, you need burning software to create an "Audio CD" and it will convert your tracks into .cda files and burn them.

ChristinaS
06-20-2005, 11:04 AM
dBpowerAMP CD Writer does not require wav files in order to burn an audio cd. It can perform the necessary conversions on the fly as you compile the tracks for the cd - as long as the necessary codecs are installed, of course. The step of compiling the tracks will of course be faster if no conversion is required during this phase. Unless you intend to make several other audio cd's with the same tracks at a later date, it is not necessary to convert first before using dCW.

neilthecellist
06-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Also, be sure that if you want to convert to WAV before using dCW, convert to a fully uncompressed 44.1 khz 16 bit WAV file, not the compressed WAV options. Those don't work for a regular Audio CD>

ChristinaS
06-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Also, be sure that if you want to convert to WAV before using dCW, convert to a fully uncompressed 44.1 khz 16 bit WAV file, not the compressed WAV options. Those don't work for a regular Audio CD>
Compressed wav works ok to make an audio cd, but it's only as good as the degree of compression. Obviously since it's lossy, it will be worse than the uncompressed .wav . And if you are converting to compressed wav from mp3 or some other already compressed format, you are introducing even more loss.