PDA

View Full Version : DMC Audio CD Input Bug

Unregistered
08-25-2002, 01:27 PM
I don't know if this problem has been reported before, I did some searches of the forum and couldnt find anything so i'll assume it hasent.

When you convert an enhanced cd (an audio cd with a data track on it) to mp3 (i dont know if this problem occurs with any other formats but i dont know why it wouldn't) the data track is converted to audio (a really bad buzzing sound, like white noise only worse) and stuck about 10 seconds after the end of the last track on the cd.
This isnt an isolated problem i have had with only one cd but it has happened with every enhanced audio cd that i have converted to mp3. Its not a huge problem as all you have to do is delete the audio at the end of the track but it is really annoying if you forget and listen to the end of the track.
I dont know how difficult it would be to fix (perhaps a patch could be made available) but it would be good if it could be fixed.

totalXSive
08-25-2002, 01:47 PM
Um, this was fixed several releases ago. Are you sure you're using Release 9a?

I have had no problems with any enhanced CDs since this was fixed.

hiperpinguino
08-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Actually, I've noticed this bug as well (and yes, I am using version 9a; I just checked), and I've managed to work around it by checking the track length with CD Player and then cutting all the extra length off with the CD Parameters option. Still, it'd be better if it did that automatically, obviously.

Spoon
08-26-2002, 03:42 AM
It is just the last track? or first?

What Windows version do you have - and what is the Ripping 'Communication' set to - ASPI?

hiperpinguino
08-27-2002, 01:01 AM
I'm running Windows 2000 with SP2. The Ripping configuration (I think I found the right thing- Options>Advanced>CD Communication) is "2000 / NT Device IO"

As for the bug itself, it occurs only with the last track on the album.