PDA

View Full Version : How do I rip audio from a DVD?

jqubed
05-28-2005, 12:50 AM
What I would like to do is pull the audio off some DVDs I have (specifically Moby's Play: The DVD and the 18 DVD) so I can listen to it on my iPod. Any suggestions for what I could do to get these songs? I've tried to use the auxiliary input but it didn't record any sound from the DVDs. I'd rather not use that right now anyway; I just got my DVD burner and haven't messed with it too much so right now the video has a tendency to skip or drop a few frames, and I'd rather not be recording with it losing some of the audio.

Edit: I did get the auxiliary input to work, and the sound seems good, but I'm still curious to know if there's a way to convert straight off the data instead of whatever is playing through the sound card.

MrVideo
07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Edit: I did get the auxiliary input to work, and the sound seems good, but I'm still curious to know if there's a way to convert straight off the data instead of whatever is playing through the sound card.

1) DVDShrink to convert the CSS DVD into deCSS DVD files (no need to reburn)
2) DVD2AVI to create a special file for
3) VFAPIConv to create AVI index and WAVE files.

Rename the WAVE file, which will be at 48KHz. The temporary DVD files, the .d2v and .avi files can also be removed.

LtData
07-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Or try this program: http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html
note it doesn't work for DVD-Audio discs.