PDA

View Full Version : SD card xfer

jfscars48
04-15-2005, 04:28 PM
I am brand new and clueless! It took several hours for me just to register! I have maybe 8 cd's with oldie goldie songs. I also have a Treo 600 with an MP3 player. I have an SD card along with a card reader. A year ago I transferred songs to the card. I forgot how though. I converted one entire cd (26 songs) to mp3 format. No I want to transfer that group to my SD card but I cannot figure out how to do the transfer. Here's where I want to end up-I want to put 250 songs on 2 or 3 cards. I don't have a handle on playlists etc. I don't really care how I do it but I want to get the songs to my cards. HELP. Plse email me directly if you would. I am so frustrated.
jfsilverman@comcast.net

ChristinaS
04-15-2005, 04:49 PM
One simple way to figure out what you have on your SD card is to put it into the card reader that is conenct to your pc, use WIndos explorer and go to the identified drive (it will show up as some sort of external drive) and simply explore it. If you see folders, go to them. Inside the folders you may see file names. They ought to correspond to whatever you have put on that card way back when.

If you don't see file name extensions, enable that in Tools > Fodler Options > View > uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.

This should at least tell you what's on your SD card.
You can then transfer what you have on you SD card to any folder on your hard drive and inspect the files at leisure, as to specs, so you can maybe convert future audio file to the same specs.

You can use various programs to add to the samrt card, like maybe Sveta, but if it's just a simple folder of audio files (maybe mp3) as it may well be, just use Windows Explorer to copy over more files of the same type (i.e.same file extension), making sure you don't have the same file names, as they may end up overwritten.