PDA

View Full Version : Version Info, Install Advice - Oversight??

MattyUK
04-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi

OK I may have missed it and it may actually be somewhere I simply haven't found yet but will somebody please answer the following questions and consider making the info easier to find on the FAQ's.

1> How do I find out what version of dbPoweramp I have installed. Standard way is HELP>About from a pull down menu. not so for dbPowerAmp. So where is the info?
2> So when upgrading to a later version, should I over install, uninstall then re-install new version. What about the codacs and pluggins do I have to go through the 30 or so ones I have installed and re-install them or will the new version pick up on them all and disable the ones now included?

These seem like ordinary questions and I am puzzled as to why I can't find the answers in a more obvious place, but that may say more about my ability to look than anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MattyUK

LtData
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
1) Start --> Programs --> dbPowerAmp Music Converter --> dMC Cofiguration
2) You can just install over the old version, it will give you the option to uninstall the old version. If you are installing over a registered version, click no. As for codecs, you don't need to reinstall them, but you should check for new versions of your current codeds.

MattyUK
04-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi

1> Thank you. I conclude I need new glasses.
2> Understood, wish that were an easier task, I have a fair few. What about pluggins that are not Codacs? Namely File Selector, Auxiliary Input?

Many thanks for the help so far, wonderful product that I constantly recommend.

MattyUK

LtData
04-01-2005, 07:47 PM
File Selector and Aux. Input should be uninstalled if you installed them separately, as R11 includes these two things in the main installer.
As for other plugins, if they are still on the page you got them from, they might still work. You'll probably just have to test and figure it out for yourself.

MattyUK
04-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks. Suggestion for future version might to be incorporate a update check feature for the codecs. Also to make those two questions part of the FAQ's or evident on the download page.

Thanks again.

MattyUK

neilthecellist
04-02-2005, 06:32 PM
MattyUK, I agree with you. I've always wondered why Spoon never thought of a "Auto Codec Update" or something like that....it would help a lot.