PDA

View Full Version : Runtime Error message

zahava
03-29-2005, 09:24 PM
The dMC file selector is not working. I have the latest version of Music Converter.exe, Utility Codecs and many music codes inc. the registration MP3 codec.
Everything works GREAT, I have successfully used most features, ripping, tagging, renaming, etc.! Except when I try to access the music converter through the File Selector and then I get the following Runtime error message: it continues w/an absolute link to musicconverter.exe - "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information". It will convert a few files and then quit. I am simply trying to use the utility Arrange files to rename the files.

I read an earlier post dated 01-31-2005, 05:25 PM with a similar message.
I am logged in as administrator when you installed it in XP SR2. All the files are in the same folder in Programs.

I would rather not deinstall and reinstall. I need to be able to use file selector to not tediously select each folder to modify. If I select the files without going thru File Selector it works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Zahava
Thanks for your help.

LtData
03-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Does it do this when File Selector launches, or when you try to convert files?
If it happens after you hit convert, try selecting a "Test Conversion" and select a folder full of files you know dMC can read.

zahava
03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
More info:

I have searched the forums and read the other runtime error posts.

I have also tried it both ways switching on and off the Preserve tags option. I am working with high quality mp3 files when it crashes.

I have installed version 6.0.0.2 Music Converter and File Selector.exe 6.0.0.1

Zahava

zahava
03-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Happens when I try to convert a folder of files not when File Selector opens. If I click on the Music Converter link and convert files in one folder that way it works perfectly and quickly.

When I open File Selector, select the same (or a different one) folder (that converted without a hitch so it is not the files) I get the runtime error immediately.

Zahava

neilthecellist
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
WHOA. My Music Converter is version 6.0.1.2. I think your Music Converter is outdated. Get the newest beta from http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6740 .

zahava
03-29-2005, 09:59 PM
I have installed the latest non-beta release of all files from the download page. I can try the latest beta release but I was trying to avoid bugs since I am not a power user.

Shouldn't the latest Nov 24, 2004 non-beta release work for File Selector?

neilthecellist
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
you can talk to me live right now. My AIM screen name is Neil the CELLIST

Well at least try the beta and see if it solves the problem. If it doesn't, then post again.