PDA

View Full Version : MP3 File Rename

NeoGeek
08-14-2002, 06:37 PM
I have near 30gigs of MP3's (it was my cousins) that when she took her computer in to be upgraded (new hard drive). The lame a*! tech copied them from dos and killed the 256.256 names and now I have a TON of mp3's that are 8.3 names.
In otherwords. jonnyc~1.mp3 That was JonnyCash-RingOfFire.mp3
For most of them the IDV 1 etc taggs have the name of the songs. BUT I would give my left hand for a tool that reads the IDTags and copy a newfile to a new locations with the name being the IDTag info.
HELP!!!!

James

Spoon
08-15-2002, 02:45 AM
Look later today (with look) there is an [Arrange Music] addon for dMC that does just this!

NeoGeek
08-15-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Spoon
Look later today (with look) there is an [Arrange Music] addon for dMC that does just this!

I feel stupid.. but Where?.. I have your trial version yet, if it does what you say it will. I am putt'in my cash down.

James

Spoon
08-16-2002, 02:44 AM
You have the new [Arrange Music] beta? If so, select files >> Right click >> Arrange Music.

NeoGeek
08-16-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Spoon
You have the new [Arrange Music] beta? If so, select files >> Right click >> Arrange Music.
.. Beta .. no I do not, how do I get that? I have downloaded the 9a release. And do not see the function to batch rename mp3's their ID-tag name.
... I admit this should be simple but I am a step behind as I have not really used your software before. I am willing to pay for licenced version to get this feature. I just want to make sure that feature can do the job. SO far it looks like I have to resample the songs, to which I would not like to do.
Sorry such a simple thread has dragged on..

-James

Spoon
08-16-2002, 12:07 PM
Here is where you need to look:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?threadid=745