PDA

View Full Version : CD Writer v1 Trial Period disallows v2

xavier
03-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi guys!

I bought the Power Pack for dMC a couple of years ago, so please don't think I'm trying to cheat you out of another 30 days usage!

I installed the CD Writer v1 a while ago to test it out, but found it not particularly good. Now, when I try to install v2 (I'm giving it a second chance :p), I get a message telling me the trial period has run out. How can I get this to work, so I can give v2 a real trial (and possibly end up buying it...).

Thanks;

xavier

ChristinaS
03-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Did you uninstall dCW from Control Panel before installing it again?

It may also need a registry cleaning to remove traces of the old version befoer installing it again.

xavier
03-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've been running TweakNow RegCleaner (which CNet told me was the best) once a week for ages now, so I've run it very many times since I uninstalled v1.

I think the problem may be because my v1 expired. I was no longer using it, and I must have forgotten to uninstall it for a while. It was definitely uninstalled when I got v2 this afternoon.

ChristinaS
03-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Well, there may be traces in the registry still. I'd go through it manually actually. Not sure what you need to look for though, as all my products have been registered for a while now and I don't know what the entries look like if they were trial versions.

I know Spoon has a link to reactivate a trial version of PowerPack for a second round, but not sure if a similar one may exist for dCW.

Razgo
03-16-2005, 02:11 AM
no harm in trying the powerpack reactivation http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/ReactivatePP.exe

but yeh a good idea to have a DCW reactivate code.

Spoon
03-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Sorry there is no such program to reactivate it. :(