PDA

View Full Version : How do I produce a Playlist?

Greengo
03-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm brand new to this!

When burning a music CD I select OPTIONS from the main page and type in a location to store the playlist. After burning I check the location for the playlist but there is absolutely nothing there.

Can anybody tell me why, or tell me how to do this correctly?

Thanks

ChristinaS
03-13-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm brand new to this!

When burning a music CD I select OPTIONS from the main page and type in a location to store the playlist. After burning I check the location for the playlist but there is absolutely nothing there.

Can anybody tell me why, or tell me how to do this correctly?

ThanksNot sure what you want your playlist to contain.

The playlist makes sense to create when you're ripping an audio cd, not when you're burning a music cd.

So after you rip an audio cd you have a list of the audio files that were extracted (ripped) from it so you can play them in sequence as if you were playing the audio cd.

In any case a playlist is simply a text list of audio files, and playing the playlist means those audio files will be played in the order that they appear in the playlist. It only refers to audio files stored on your computer (or, in some other cases, on the internet).

Greengo
03-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Not sure what you want your playlist to contain.

The playlist makes sense to create when you're ripping an audio cd, not when you're burning a music cd.

So after you rip an audio cd you have a list of the audio files that were extracted (ripped) from it so you can play them in sequence as if you were playing the audio cd.

In any case a playlist is simply a text list of audio files, and playing the playlist means those audio files will be played in the order that they appear in the playlist. It only refers to audio files stored on your computer (or, in some other cases, on the internet).

Thanks ChristinaS.
See how new I am?
I want the Playlist so that I can print it on a CD label.

What I am doing is creating a compilation from files which are presently on either my computer or on other CDs. This compilation I would like to burn onto a CD and be able to print the resulting Playlist to the CD label.

As I said earlier, dbpoweramp asks me (in the options) where I would like to place the playlist. I tell it where but the Playlist does not appear there.

Maybe I'm not used to the vocabulary and am misinterpreting things. Perthaps I should be looking for something called the "Burn List" or something similar.

Makes me feel a bit thick really!

Spoon
03-13-2005, 04:38 PM
This is only when you are adding a playlist of tracks to a cd, also only for mp3/wma cds.

ChristinaS
03-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks ChristinaS.
See how new I am?
I want the Playlist so that I can print it on a CD label.

What I am doing is creating a compilation from files which are presently on either my computer or on other CDs. This compilation I would like to burn onto a CD and be able to print the resulting Playlist to the CD label.

As I said earlier, dbpoweramp asks me (in the options) where I would like to place the playlist. I tell it where but the Playlist does not appear there.

Maybe I'm not used to the vocabulary and am misinterpreting things. Perthaps I should be looking for something called the "Burn List" or something similar.

Makes me feel a bit thick really!
Well, dCW doesn't provide a tool for making a label, the way Nero does, so you'll have to do it manually.

You may want to first make your own playlist in dAP - this actually saves it in the folder for dAP in c:\Program Files\Illustrate. Then burn this playlist using dCW and also print it out (open it in Notepad and print it or copy the text from it into your label making software).

Personally I'd not bother with any of this, I'd just make it all manually, because in any case it's bound to just have file names rather than nicer looking track titles. If you just want a quick listing, then the playlist will be ok, I guess.

Probably there are other ways involving the music collection, but none that ring any bell right now.

Craze
03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I usually just do a few copy & paste jobs. Its quick and easy.

Get your CD already to process with the playlist of all of your songs showing. You may have to grab and drag the column tabs of your playlist and stretch them out to get the whole song title showing.
Now just press the "Screen Print" button on your keyboard. This effectively copies whats showing on your screen.
Now go open up Windows Paint and do a Paste job. (Click Edit. Click on Paste.)

You can resize the screen print in Paint by dragging the top left edge of your playlist up to the top left corner of your Paint canvas. Click to lock it in.
Next, scroll down to the lowest right corner of your print and crop out everything else but your playlist by dragging your mouse back up to the lower right corner of the playlist.
When you're satisfied with your cropping just do a copy & paste into your labelling software.
Hope this is helpful.
-Craze