PDA

View Full Version : Codec Installation problem

WiseJoeyD
03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I cannot install any new codecs into dbpowerAmp.

Aytime I do a non descript error box (looks to be windows-based rather than generated by dbPowerAmp) telling me there was an error. The installation will then run through but when you start up dbpower then it doens't have any added support or coedc listings.

I tried the MusePack and another codec (cna't remember which).

Both produced this error.

It's a registered version of the program

ChristinaS
03-10-2005, 02:02 PM
I cannot install any new codecs into dbpowerAmp.

Aytime I do a non descript error box (looks to be windows-based rather than generated by dbPowerAmp) telling me there was an error. The installation will then run through but when you start up dbpower then it doens't have any added support or coedc listings.

I tried the MusePack and another codec (cna't remember which).

Both produced this error.

It's a registered version of the program
Are you blocking changing of registry keys by some program like Spybot or other things like that?

Are you signed in as administrator? Are you installing to the same folder as all the other dBpowerAMP programs?

WiseJoeyD
03-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Yep.

disabled MS anti spyware and other anti virus.

There's never beena problem installing anything else since this is the only user account.

I'm installing it into G:\xxx\dbpowerAmp\

I'm guessing that's it.

By the way, the error is actually gerenated from DB. It has the little green install icon in the top left of the window suggesting it's an internal error. Would it be becuase I'm trying ot install it onto a registered version? I'm now looking to see if I can find the "receipt" and download it again just in case.

(There is no other problem with dbPower amp though. nothing to suggest it's become corrupted enough to not accept new codecs

It says its has a problem with "musicconverter.exe"

[I have reinstalled it to no avail]

Spoon
03-10-2005, 04:26 PM
What is the exact error message shown?

Wayne
03-11-2005, 05:59 AM
Are you installing the codecs into the same location as dMC? I always install to the default locations.

Wayne