PDA

View Full Version : bitrate read problems

e-paladin
03-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi guys,

I've been using dB for quite some time now (3-4 years or so). While I always test others, I always seem to listen with dAP. :thumbup:

I'm using Release 3 Beta 6 w/ 48kHz resample on and the EQ tweaked with a SPL meter. (So I'm a freak, kimme a kiss :komisch9: )

btw - I think dAPResetall program is genius, it's saved my sanity more than once..

On with my problem..

I recently f*cked my harddrive and lost over 7500 mp3's. I retrieved 2k, (some with no labels) and decided to start over and go the mpc route. Not only for better quality, but it encodes so friggin fast!

I use EAC with accuraterip to copy and encode using musepack alpha 1.15 and Replaygain afterwards w/ Foobar. (I know -sacrelidge- but again, I'm freaky that way.)

I downloaded the new musepack for dAP today, and now not all the songs I've ripped today have a bitrate asscoated with them in dAP as well as the sound quality being less transparent (more like mp3).

Any ideas why? Is there a new encoder out there? Why is all my previous stuff fine but not all the new (no settings have changed).

Should I uninstall the codec and reload the old one?

adaywayne
03-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Look, e-paladin. I'm not in charge here, but do you really need to use vulgar language in a public forum?