PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from version 1

Fearless Leader
03-01-2005, 11:50 AM
I purchased version 1 of the cd writer and love it! I saw today that a new version is out and so I downloaded it and installed. It says that it is a trial version (I know that's what I downloaded) But I had thought that if you had a regestered copy you would just install over the old version and be all good.

I'm confused.

I hope I put this in the right place.

ChristinaS
03-01-2005, 12:47 PM
I purchased version 1 of the cd writer and love it! I saw today that a new version is out and so I downloaded it and installed. It says that it is a trial version (I know that's what I downloaded) But I had thought that if you had a regestered copy you would just install over the old version and be all good.

I'm confused.

I hope I put this in the right place.
When you install you have the option to uninstall the previous version. If you don't uninstall, then it will keep the registered status. At least this is what I have found for myself.

Spoon
03-01-2005, 04:46 PM
When upgrading to R2 as the Mp3 encoder license is a seperate license (it is on the Power Pack), so you have the trial of Power Pack included. If you look in dMC Configuration it will say if something is registered or not.