PDA

View Full Version : How to find dBpowerAMP state.

hamiltonjct
02-27-2005, 07:46 PM
I have developed a pluggin which allows dBpowerAMP player information to be displayed on an LCD character display using LCDSmartie.

I need to find a method of getting the process state of dbPowerAMP which does not utilize the dBpowerAMP.Multiplayer object. I need to find if the player process is running, whether or not music is being played. I am currently using Multiplayer.Play to test if the player is playing music. Every 300 ms LCDSmartie queries dBpowerAMP at which time if dBpowerAMP is not running it is launched. I'm hoping there is additional functionality for the dBpowerAMP.Amp object that is not documented which may provide this.

Thanks,
Hamiltonjct

donny
02-28-2005, 12:02 PM
well the problem is that when you are making the query, you are creating the object and hence starting dbpoweramp...
you should try to get the list of active processes and then see if amp.exe is there... i think there was a thread about it so please search for it if you need it I'm in a hurry now...

ChristinaS
02-28-2005, 01:31 PM
This one? http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost.php?p=26655&postcount=5

hamiltonjct
03-02-2005, 10:16 PM
ChristinaS and Donny,

Thanks for the direction. I definitely would not have thought to go that direction. I will try this out tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Hamiltonjct

donny
03-04-2005, 05:09 PM
yeah that's the post I was looking for, only I couldn't find it in the first few tries, and I had to hurry off.... glad you found it Christina

hope it helps hamiltonjct;)

ChristinaS
03-04-2005, 11:06 PM
yeah that's the post I was looking for, only I couldn't find it in the first few tries, and I had to hurry off.... glad you found it Christina

hope it helps hamiltonjct;)
Hope so too.

Well, my disjointed vague memories sometimes come in handy LOL! :D

DJiK
03-16-2005, 01:34 PM
When I take the given code I have an error on Line 6 (this is the For Each...).
The error code is 80041003. :(

As I'm really very bad in VBS, can someone tell me why? I think it's a problem with WMI.

Help! :blush: