PDA

View Full Version : converting au to mp3

curo
02-18-2005, 09:27 PM
I can't convert au file to mp3. I show this msg when i try to convert. "The CODEC required to compress 'D:\Japanese.mp3' could not be opened". can any1 help me with it?? I dun understand wats wrong w it.

LtData
02-18-2005, 10:19 PM
I can't convert au file to mp3. I show this msg when i try to convert. "The CODEC required to compress 'D:\Japanese.mp3' could not be opened". can any1 help me with it?? I dun understand wats wrong w it.
Are you using dMC Release 11? If so, has your 30-day trial expired? You can check in your Start Menu under Programs --> dbPowerAmp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration

ChristinaS
02-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Sometimes the error mesage may also be misleading. What it might be trying to tell you is that it doesn't have the decoding codec required to process the input file, i.e. the .au codec.

Try a test conversion (no write). Then you will know if the input file can be converted to anything at all.

adaywayne
02-19-2005, 10:40 AM

What is the size of the au file you are trying to convert?

curo
02-19-2005, 11:44 AM
I juz install the player. so i still have 27days to go. I do a test conversion but it dun work. The au file tat i 1 2 convert is 304KB is it too small??

adaywayne
02-19-2005, 12:32 PM
I juz install the player. so i still have 27days to go. I do a test conversion but it dun work. The au file tat i 1 2 convert is 304KB is it too small??

It's hard to say. I can't convert a 67KB AU file but I can convert a 475KB one!!
Did you try converting in 2 steps, going to wave first? I assume you have the AU decoder installed from Codec Central?

curo
02-20-2005, 10:35 AM
It's hard to say. I can't convert a 67KB AU file but I can convert a 475KB one!!
Did you try converting in 2 steps, going to wave first? I assume you have the AU decoder installed from Codec Central?

hmm but mine is 304kb not 34kb.. :cry: ya i got e au decoder already..
can any1 tell me wats e problem or shld i reinstall to try again?

adaywayne
02-20-2005, 11:27 AM
hmm but mine is 304kb not 34kb.. :cry: ya i got e au decoder already..
can any1 tell me wats e problem or shld i reinstall to try again?

That's what I meant. The problem arises with files smaller than 475KB but larger than 67KB. You can run a series of tests to find out the mininum size that will convert properly.

curo
02-22-2005, 10:06 AM
That's what I meant. The problem arises with files smaller than 475KB but larger than 67KB. You can run a series of tests to find out the mininum size that will convert properly.

hmm o ok thanks
then mayb i record it then save as mp3 file lor