PDA

View Full Version : iPod Shuffle with Sveta Audio Player

alianmac
02-18-2005, 02:27 PM
I have just downloaded Sveta Audio and succeded in getting it to work with my Creative Zen.

However, it does not seem to recognise (or even offer) an option for my daughter's iPod Shuffle. Is the iPod Shuffle supported? If so, what am I doing wrong?

If it is not supported, will it ever be?

Spoon
02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Not supported just yet, it will be in a number of weeks (I have a Shuffle, just need to schedule some time).

alindy
02-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I am using my shuffle and I am havings some problems using my .AAC encoded files that were encoded by programs other than Itunes (Nero and even Quicktime). The quarky thing that I am seeing is that I do have some Nero encoded files that do work on my shuffle, they were created using EAC instead of DMC Audio CD Input. I used the following command line:
/c c:\Eac\Codecs\naacenc.exe -audiophile %s %d && c:\Eac\Codecs\tg.exe %d --artist "%a" --album "%g" --track "%n" --title "%t" --genre "%m" --year %y

Spoon
02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Try putting them in the .m4a container (if they are raw .aac).

alindy
02-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I was wondering if this was because of the way the files were tagged? I have also tried and switching the "encoded by tag" to Itunes from Nero, and also left every tag blank; and that didn't work. I have also extracted the .AAC file and then created a generic .m4a container and that didn't work.

--Using the new Ipod Shuttle 1.1 update and the generic .mpa container worked. I extracted the .aac from my .m4a file, then I ran the .aac to .m4a. and it worked. However, I lost most of my tag info.

alindy
02-24-2005, 01:10 PM
The same file .m4a created using Dbpoweramp played perfectly on my Ipod Mini.

alindy
02-24-2005, 04:07 PM
I have used the MP4 utilities -- Optimize Mp4 Layout feature in Foobar and it allowed the Nero .M4A (renamed using rename extension created by dBpoweramp to be played on my shuffle.