PDA

View Full Version : Need help converting Ogg Vorbis Sound files to M3U file

hogpainter
02-17-2005, 08:16 PM
went through all of the codes and I can not seam to find a conversion code to go from OGG to M3U file. any info would be a great help

LtData
02-17-2005, 08:23 PM
went through all of the codes and I can not seam to find a conversion code to go from OGG to M3U file. any info would be a great help
m3u is a playlist file. Why do you want to save Ogg files as a m3u file? Do you mean create a m3u file listing those Ogg files?

hogpainter
02-17-2005, 08:26 PM
went through all of the codes and I can not seam to find a conversion code to go from OGG to M3U file. any info would be a great helpThe device I an trying to down load to will only recognize a M3U file. I do know that M3u is a form of Mp3 but how to I change the File.

ChristinaS
02-17-2005, 11:00 PM
The device I an trying to down load to will only recognize a M3U file. I do know that M3u is a form of Mp3 but how to I change the File.
M3U is nothing but a text file that gives the name of one or several mp3 files to be played. It's just a paylist, called a meta-file.

All payers that play mp3 files also play m3u files, meaning they will play the mp3 files referenced in the m3u file, as long as the mp3 files whose names appear there are accessible.

Your device may well need m3u files but it will also need the ingredient mp3 files.

I doubt .ogg files can be referenced in .m3u files and actually work.

adaywayne
02-18-2005, 10:45 AM
The device I an trying to down load to will only recognize a M3U file. I do know that M3u is a form of Mp3 but how to I change the File.

What is the device you are trying to download?

neilthecellist
02-18-2005, 03:08 PM
M3U is a meta-file. It's a text file that kinda redirects to audio files such as mp3s. You should just convert the Ogg Vorbis files to mp3, and then save those mp3s to your m3u playlist. That should do the trick.

ChristinaS
02-18-2005, 06:54 PM
M3U is a meta-file. It's a text file that kinda redirects to audio files such as mp3s. You should just convert the Ogg Vorbis files to mp3, and then save those mp3s to your m3u playlist. That should do the trick.
Neil, you don't "save those mp3 files to your m3u playlist". You put the full names (including the extension) of mp3 files in the m3u playlist. A rather big difference.

neilthecellist
02-19-2005, 10:46 PM
my bad.