PDA

View Full Version : Change Bitrate

zackpack
02-16-2005, 09:43 AM
I would like to change bitrate I am ripping cd's to mp-3's from 128kbps to 192kbps. How do I do that. I had trouble with Windows Media Player last week & seem to have lost my conversion slider. Is it possible to re-install version 10.1, which I presently have or do I have to install the newest version and pay to rip my cds?

ChristinaS
02-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I would like to change bitrate I am ripping cd's to mp-3's from 128kbps to 192kbps. How do I do that. I had trouble with Windows Media Player last week & seem to have lost my conversion slider. Is it possible to re-install version 10.1, which I presently have or do I have to install the newest version and pay to rip my cds?

Before you play around with uninstalls and reinstalls, take a look at the latest settings you used for dMC, for the mp3 codec. It must be on a preset that does not allow separate control of the slider.

Click on Advanced and remove all special settings, leave it on no Preset. Then you can go back and move the slider.

This assumes you didn't actually "lose" the slider, but just the control of it.

As for reinstalling the older version, well, as long as you still have the installation package from your original download, you can install it. But it is no longer available for download now. And you may have problems downloading and installing extra codecs as some if not all may be be version specific so they would either not install in an older version of dMC or not work properly.

Actually by getting the latest version of dMC and registering it you wouldn't be paying to rip your cd's, but rather to continue using the mp3 encoding codecs and all the features of the Powerpack.

zackpack
02-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks for trying to help Christina. It didn't work, so I took your advice and bought the new version. I've right clicked on every thing I can but I still don't find the bitrate slider. It is ripping at 128 and I want to change it to 192. Will someone please help me. Pretend I am and idiot, because I probably am. I am running Windows XP Home and Windows Media Player 10 if that makes any difference.

Razgo
02-19-2005, 02:53 PM
ripping from "CD to mp3"

1. start-->programs-->dbpoweramp-->dbpoweramp music converter-->dmc audio cd input

2. (assuming cd is in drive) top left select the rip drop down menu and select "mp3".

3. select the rip drop down menu and select compression settings.

4. click on the "advance" tab on the mp3 screen.

5. select from the drop down menu for quality "no preset" and put a tick in the box and click ok.

6. you should now see the slider.

and you have downloaded and installed the latest here?: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6740