PDA

View Full Version : dmc 11 won't detect external LAME encoder

Deathstryker
02-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Maybe you guys can help me. I'm having probs installing the external LAME encoder for dmc 11. I wanted to get this done because I hear there's a new licensing fee for the included encoder and I don't really wanna pay. (Hey, at least I'm honest.) Anyway, I downloaded LAME 3.96.1 off the official site and threw the DLL in the Compression\Lame folder however it doesn't show up in the list of encoders when I go to convert a file. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.

ChristinaS
02-12-2005, 01:38 AM
Maybe you guys can help me. I'm having probs installing the external LAME encoder for dmc 11. I wanted to get this done because I hear there's a new licensing fee for the included encoder and I don't really wanna pay. (Hey, at least I'm honest.) Anyway, I downloaded LAME 3.96.1 off the official site and threw the DLL in the Compression\Lame folder however it doesn't show up in the list of encoders when I go to convert a file. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.
You didn' t get the codec that works with dMC, i.e. the one that requires registration after the trial period. Even if in fact the program is the same.

The codec is free. Its use requires a license.

Deathstryker
02-12-2005, 01:57 AM
So I can't use the external LAME encoder. Blarg. I'll just revert back to an earlier version.

Thanks for you help though.

Wayne
02-12-2005, 07:35 AM
I know that to use the lame dll codec now requires registration but I can't remember if that also covers the external lame.exe codec.

I would have thought both would require registration but can anyone confirm this fact? I seem to having a CRAFT moment.

Wayne

ChristinaS
02-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I know that to use the lame dll codec now requires registration but I can't remember if that also covers the external lame.exe codec.

I would have thought both would require registration but can anyone confirm this fact? I seem to having a CRAFT moment.

Wayne
Using it through dMC may require registration. If you can use it standalone, probably not.

Spoon
02-14-2005, 08:41 AM
The external lame can be used, but it requires one of dbpoweramps CLI codecs to talk to it.