PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Convert WMA files To Wav Files

dj_hitman
02-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Is there a way to convert WMA files to Wav files? Is there a Codec file that is needed to convert WMA to Wav? If there is where is it located so that I can dl it, I am using Windows98 and I have dBpowerAMP v.9 with the power pack, if this will help.

LtData
02-11-2005, 08:02 PM
To get the wma codec, you will have to upgrade to Release 11.

After that, WAV support is built-in to dMC. The WMA codec is available here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-wma.htm

Also, to keep your registered (aka owning PowerPack) status, you should just be able to install the new version over your old one.

ChristinaS
02-11-2005, 08:06 PM
An extra clarification. The page at Codec Central for the .wma codecs is divided into 3 sections. The first one only applies to Windows XP and later operating systems. You will have to look at the second and possibly third sections.

There are also special considerations for Windows 98 that you have to take into account there.

dj_hitman
02-11-2005, 11:24 PM
An extra clarification. The page at Codec Central for the .wma codecs is divided into 3 sections. The first one only applies to Windows XP and later operating systems. You will have to look at the second and possibly third sections.

There are also special considerations for Windows 98 that you have to take into account there.

Will I still have to get the newer Version of dBpowerAMP v.11 for the codec to take affect? or will it work with the version I have wich is v.9?

LtData
02-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Will I still have to get the newer Version of dBpowerAMP v.11 for the codec to take affect? or will it work with the version I have wich is v.9?
You will probably have to go up to v.11 for at least the WMA 9 codec to work. Is there a reason you haven't upgraded yet?

dj_hitman
02-12-2005, 06:26 PM
You will probably have to go up to v.11 for at least the WMA 9 codec to work. Is there a reason you haven't upgraded yet?

Yeah, I did not want to lose my settings... everything is working fine, although I can not convert WMA to Wavs. Will V.11 work with Windows98 operating systems? And if I chose to upgrade is there a way I can keep my settings as is I also have powerpack. I don't want to lose that either.

ChristinaS
02-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I did not want to lose my settings... everything is working fine, although I can not convert WMA to Wavs. Will V.11 work with Windows98 operating systems? And if I chose to upgrade is there a way I can keep my settings as is I also have powerpack. I don't want to lose that either.
What settings didn't you want to lose? Do you mean the last settings for mp3 and other codecs that you used or the folder for output files?

dMC R11 (get the beta though for a small bug fix) does work with W 98. For the Windows Media codecs you have to follow the instructions concerning w98 as I said before.

dj_hitman
02-12-2005, 11:49 PM
What settings didn't you want to lose? Do you mean the last settings for mp3 and other codecs that you used or the folder for output files?

dMC R11 (get the beta though for a small bug fix) does work with W 98. For the Windows Media codecs you have to follow the instructions concerning w98 as I said before.

Yes I do mean all of my last settings, and other codecs. And Including the folders for output files. Look I was always told if it ain't broke don't fix it. So I just want to keep everything as is, however I would like to be able to convert WMA to Wav. What I'm asking is, If I update to v.11, can I update over the old version to maintain my old settings or will I have to reconfigure all of the settings after I install v.11?

LtData
02-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Yes I do mean all of my last settings, and other codecs. And Including the folders for output files. Look I was always told if it ain't broke don't fix it. So I just want to keep everything as is, however I would like to be able to convert WMA to Wav. What I'm asking is, If I update to v.11, can I update over the old version to maintain my old settings or will I have to reconfigure all of the settings after I install v.11?
I'd think it would keep all of your old settings, but I'm not sure.

And it may not be broke, but its lots better. :D

dj_hitman
02-13-2005, 12:21 PM
I'd think it would keep all of your old settings, but I'm not sure.

And it may not be broke, but its lots better. :D

ltData, Is there a way to be sure that it'll keep my old settings? Would it be alright to Install v.11 over the old version or do I have to unistall v.9 to install v.11 to work properly? I also want to know should I unistall my powerpack it is the registered version? Or just leave powerpack alone.

LtData
02-13-2005, 12:43 PM
ltData, Is there a way to be sure that it'll keep my old settings? Would it be alright to Install v.11 over the old version or do I have to unistall v.9 to install v.11 to work properly? I also want to know should I unistall my powerpack it is the registered version? Or just leave powerpack alone.
There is a way to be sure of keeping your settings, I think. You could export the Illustrate folder in your registry, which is where all the settings are kept.

It should be OK to install v11 over your registered v9. This way, you can also keep the registered status of the PowerPack.

Spoon
02-14-2005, 08:17 AM
The wma 9.1 codec will not work on Windows 98, go for one of the older ones.