PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the codecs for MVP 2003 .asf files??

abeleon34
02-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi!
I love the soundtrack of MVP 2003 PC game. I found the music folder but a cant hear then on my Windows Media Player. I've dowloaded all .asf codecs but i still hace the same problem.
What can i do?
Abel

ChristinaS
02-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Do you get an error? or is it just the volume that's off?

abeleon34
02-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Do you get an error? or is it just the volume that's off?

I get error " 0xC00D1199: cant play that file"
And this is the error of dBpoweramp : The file 'C:\........\menu1.asf' could not be opened.
Unable to open file.

ChristinaS
02-08-2005, 06:43 PM
I get error " 0xC00D1199: cant play that file"
And this is the error of dBpoweramp : The file 'C:\........\menu1.asf' could not be opened.
Unable to open file.
Have you ever been able to play those files? If so, in what player? Maybe they are corrupted.

abeleon34
02-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Have you ever been able to play those files? If so, in what player? Maybe they are corrupted.

There's the problem. The file its not corrupted because it can be heard in the game. So i look for the music folder of the game and i found there are .asf files but when i try to play them on my Windows Media Player 9 he say cant open that file.
This problem its very similar of the thread that talk about the "FIFA 2005" soundtracks.
Do you think they use a very particular codec for the tracks of the game??

ChristinaS
02-09-2005, 02:02 PM
For FIFA 2005 the files are protected, so dMC cannot convert them. There seems to be a program for FIFA that can export the files to .wav. This may not apply to your game, or you'll have to find it from the game web site and support.

You can always just use dMC Auxiliary Input to record the audio to a .wav or .mp3 or whatever you'd like as it is being played through your soundcard while your'e playing the game.