PDA

View Full Version : Prob. converting .wav to .wma Windows Media 10 compatability problem?

Mark1
01-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I had a real time waster recently. I was prompted to upgrade to Windows Media 10 (WM10), which I did. Right afterwards I got the error message when trying to convert .wav to .wma
"The CODEC required to compress 'E:Band tunes
eggae reg. trans ver. 1-8-04 clip.wma' could not be opened"

This first thing I did was to try and uninstall WM10 by doing a system restore. Long story short, through the help of a person at www.annoyances.org. I was told to copy a wmploc.dll into the system32 file from the Servicepackfiles folder. This worked. But like a greedy bastad I tried upgrading again to WM10. I did the whole process all over again, but this time I just keep getting the above error message. I've re-installed DBpowerAMP a couple of times along with all the Codecs to no avail.

In any event, I was hoping somebody could get back to me with a solution. Also, is there a known compatibility problem with Windows Media Player 10? The codecs on the codecs central page all seem to be for windows player 9. Thanks! :smile2:

LtData
01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I had a real time waster recently. I was prompted to upgrade to Windows Media 10 (WM10), which I did. Right afterwards I got the error message when trying to convert .wav to .wma
"The CODEC required to compress 'E:Band tunes
eggae reg. trans ver. 1-8-04 clip.wma' could not be opened"

This first thing I did was to try and uninstall WM10 by doing a system restore. Long story short, through the help of a person at www.annoyances.org. I was told to copy a wmploc.dll into the system32 file from the Servicepackfiles folder. This worked. But like a greedy bastad I tried upgrading again to WM10. I did the whole process all over again, but this time I just keep getting the above error message. I've re-installed DBpowerAMP a couple of times along with all the Codecs to no avail.

In any event, I was hoping somebody could get back to me with a solution. Also, is there a known compatibility problem with Windows Media Player 10? The codecs on the codecs central page all seem to be for windows player 9. Thanks! :smile2:
In the beta section of the forum is a beta WMA 9.5 codec. These are the codecs that WMP 10 uses.