PDA

View Full Version : dBPowerAMP Release 11 ID3 tags popup issue...?

ivanlc
01-30-2005, 09:43 AM
I bought Release 11 of dBPowerAMP Power Pack recently. I'd already had r7 demo and though I could no longer edit tags when the demo had expired, the info popups still appeared, which was the important thing.

Now, however, after buying and installing r11, the popups display the following sort of info where the Artist, Title, Album, Genre, Bitrate, etc info used to be:

ID Tag: APEv2 & ID3v1
MP3GAIN_MINMAX: <some value>
MP3GAIN_UNDO: <some value>
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN: <some value>
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK: <some value>

Now I suspect that it's in someway connected to the MP3Gain (mp3 normalising software) which I use and with the new APE2 functionality of dBPowerAMP. However, wrt MP3Gain, I've *always* used it with dBPA tag display and never seen this before. As I said, where this stat info is now, there used to be useful ID3 track info - which I want back!!

I've tried changing the Tag creation option in dMC Config from APE2 to ID3v1 & ID3v2. To no avail, however.

On further investigation, I've discovered that this strange (APE2?) info SOMETIMES seems to appear when the gain of the file has been adjusted using MP3Gain. I've tried various combinations of the MP3Gain ID3 settings, but again, to no avail. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to turn the damn thing off if it can be done??

Spoon
01-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Bitrate should be shown above any tag information, is that not so? Try ripping a CD with CD Input and see if there is tag info.

ivanlc
01-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Hiya. Thanks for the reply, Spoon.

The bitrate *is*shown above the APE2 stuff that is now displayed, but this is not what I'm so interested in nor what's missing. It's the Artisit, Track, Album and Genre info that I need back.

I have constantly Streamripper running with Winamp, and the tracks it writes display the usual/expected info without issue. I've just tried normalising one of these tracks with MP3Gain to see if dBPowerAMP would start with the APE2 info. But... nada. Still displayed the original info just fine.So I don't know why all my CD tracks (in differing directories) are suddenly displaying the additional unwanted info.

The odd track, however, displays the usual info below the APE2 text; which makes absolutely no sense all....!! There's nothing special about these tracks

I also tried ripping a track with CD Input and nothing out of the ordinary was displayed.

Still, something must be wrong if suddenly, most - if not all - of my mp3s are now displaying this weird information. Is there anything - regardless of how remote it may seem - that you think may be causing this? Like I said, it only began occurring when I upgraded from r7 unregistered to r11 registered.

i.

ivanlc
02-01-2005, 07:51 AM
... Hi again, Spoon. As an addendum to my last post, I should also say that the Artist, Title, Album, etc info displays fine in Winamp, so it's not that it isn't there now; it's just not being displayed anymore.

Also, I uninstalled dmc r11 rebooted and reinstalled r9. The tagging worked as it's always done; none of the weird uppercase MP3GAIN stuff at all. I can't edit tags of course, but that's not soooo bad. The bummer is, though, I've *paid* for the registered version and the ability to edit the tags, so this hacks me off. Is there anything that can be done about this?

i.

Hiya. Thanks for the reply, Spoon.

The bitrate *is*shown above the APE2 stuff that is now displayed, but this is not what I'm so interested in nor what's missing. It's the Artisit, Track, Album and Genre info that I need back.

I have constantly Streamripper running with Winamp, and the tracks it writes display the usual/expected info without issue. I've just tried normalising one of these tracks with MP3Gain to see if dBPowerAMP would start with the APE2 info. But... nada. Still displayed the original info just fine.So I don't know why all my CD tracks (in differing directories) are suddenly displaying the additional unwanted info.

The odd track, however, displays the usual info below the APE2 text; which makes absolutely no sense all....!! There's nothing special about these tracks

I also tried ripping a track with CD Input and nothing out of the ordinary was displayed.

Still, something must be wrong if suddenly, most - if not all - of my mp3s are now displaying this weird information. Is there anything - regardless of how remote it may seem - that you think may be causing this? Like I said, it only began occurring when I upgraded from r7 unregistered to r11 registered.

i.

Spoon
02-01-2005, 04:27 PM
If you install R11 and email one file with correct tags before mp3gain, and one after where the tagging does not show then I can look:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm